OLD Toyota

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is an old Toyota and leaking at the rear main seal their is probably a groove in the crank. It will more than likely need a crank saver sleeve pressed on and a new rear main seal installed.

A 1/4 of a quart per 3000 is not bad. Keep an eye on it though because when a rear main seal does go they will pump out all the oil in minutes.

We always used 15W40 and the big Dodge V8 oil filter, ph 8 I think it was.
You have to watch with those trucks, the frames break behind the cab.
Lift kits made from wood, welded gears, the poor man's posi and 255/85/16s.
Drive it 3 years, spend a thousand bucks and get another one.

i think you should minimal use 15w40 oil. why? because when i see all comment and found that ur old toyota really is too old, my suggest use M1 delvac MX 15w40 and start to check every seals in ur engine. actually what type of engine u use? 1KD-FTV? 2KD-FTV? or something else?

I added Liqui-moly motor oil saver. Looked today and leak has stopped... Changed oil today at 3500 miles and I added another can of the Liqui-moly motor oil saver.....Thanks

Added Liqui-moly and 3500 mile later no leak...So I changed out the oil More 10W 30 and one more can of the Liqui-moly....Would love to clean up the mess under there gut there are no hot water cars washers in this town ...Afraid to use a high pressure washer ...I can't see it unless I'm under there, so I'll leave goo enough alone...Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back