99 suburban heather core, maybe you can help

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a 99 suburban that on our trip camping blew what i thought was a heater core. I pulled the hoses off and just bypassed the core so we could continue on our way. Now home, i have the core out and the lines look fine and the core holds air pressure. I can blow on one end and hold my finger over the other and it does not appear to have a leak.

On the truck, there is a little drain that looks to come from the compartment above and to the right of the heater core. Does anyone know what that is. When it was leaking, im pretty sure there was fluid coming out of that. i thought it was just a drain for the heater core compartment but it actually is not. it looks to be a drain for the compartment above and to the right of it.

Anybody have any ideas what that is. So far I have not found a split line or anything. When it was leaking it was pouring antifreeze, it was not a slow drip.

Last edited:
Does your have the rear heater. Soul possibly be the hose to second heater core. Or there was a plastic fitting that is on the back of the motor that is known to fail.

It does have the rear heater. Yea maybe the rear hose. I could have sworn it was coming out of the main two but it was hot and steamy so maybe i didnt see it correctly

well, i put it all back together today, replaced the valve and one plastic Tee and it appears to be working perfect. Im guessing if the valve was cracked and blowing anti freeze down the lines and it just looked like it was coming out the heater core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back