Battery suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Napa (Deka).
Carquest used to carry Deka (where I got mine) but I think they are using a different supplier now.
For people in Montreal, you can call East Penn Deka and they will tell you who their resellers are near you.
If you live in the East End of Montreal, East Penn wont compete with resellers they will only sell at MSRP.

I will have six years on a Walmart Maxx this December and the 24F battery seems to be holding up well in the hot weather we have been having the last couple of weeks. Look for a battery with high cold cranking amps and one with a three or more year replacement warranty.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Anything made by Deka/East Penn which would be Superstart from O'Reilly, Duracell from many places, or from a batteries plus store. Theres more places too.

Yep. I like the Duracell.

I like anything Johnson Controls with 5 year warranty. Nothing but good luck with their batteries.

Includes Duralast Gold and Interstate Batteries........

Last edited:
The worst cheapest constructed battery kept near fully charged, will outlast the best battery kept chronically undercharged.

Longevity reports of battery brands are largely irrelevant without knowing how the battery was treated during its lifespan.

If you seek ultimate battery longevity, make sure the battery is fully charged at all times, and do not expect that the alternator automatically does this.

It takes a lot of time to get a battery from 80% charged to 100%, no matter the charging source, and the alternator and its voltage regulation can be very poor at returning even a partially depleted battery to a true 100% state of charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back