Royal Purple 5w30 HPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Royal purple doesn't get much love here so I ordered a case online from PepBoys 35% off sale! At ~$6 a quart I had to scratch the itch. I plan to send off a VOA of it in a couple weeks
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: donnyj08
Originally Posted By: Kuato
Posting the VOA here so we can find it?

I will post the VOA in the VOA section when it comes in. Look for it in the next three weeks or so!
thumbsup2.gif

What do hope to get from a VOA ?

Confirm the OEM approvals for the vehicle you intend to use it in ?

I'm interested in the additive package.

The oil does not "technically" meet OEM approvals for my application.

Please amuse me and tell me why you made the purchase ??

To confirm an ADD pack ??

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: virginoil

Because its his money and car and he doesn't need your approval to feel good about it .

I'm curious to see what the voa looks like. Thank you

Last edited:

What's that even supposed to mean? Is it OP's job to amuse you? He doesn't owe you an explanation for anything. In case you haven't been paying attention, this is an oil forum and guys analyze oil and post the results all the time.

OP, thanks for taking the time & trouble do a VOA on this oil.

Originally Posted By: panther427

Because its his money and car and he doesn't need your approval to feel good about it .

I'm curious to see what the voa looks like. Thank you

Exactly! And because this is BITOG and it's fun to try new oils.

Purchase was made to use in my vehicle as well as provide a VOA of a Top Tier product that has yet to be posted on the web.

Also Calumet, which owns RP is an Indiana headquartered company. I like to purchase products from companies that have headquarters or affiliations with my state.

This is way more explanation than is deserved, however being snarky never has gotten me anywhere anyway!

-Don

Last edited:
The first thing you'll realize about Royal Purple is how smooth and quiet your engine will run. Yes my butt dyno feels it and I stick by my observations regardless others who dismiss butt dyno observations!

From what I've seen, RP hps is a very capable product.its appropriately in the boutique class.

$6 a court is a steal of a deal and probably well worth the $5 more than m1 or edge etc off the wm shelf.

Hope to see your results. Do you plan on extending your ocis with it?

Originally Posted By: Bigdaddyeasy
From what I've seen, RP hps is a very capable product.its appropriately in the boutique class.

$6 a court is a steal of a deal and probably well worth the $5 more than m1 or edge etc off the wm shelf.

Hope to see your results. Do you plan on extending your ocis with it?

I do plan to run 10-12k mile oil changes with it and the ultra.

Devin, I've read a lot of that from reviews. If my truck gets any more quiet I'm not going to be able to hear it run! I'll be listening to see if I can tell a difference.

Last edited:
Going bigtime I see donnyj08 !!
Really good deal on that RP HPS.
smile.gif

Wish they sold THAT version at Wally world.

What will you be using it in? I suppose you will uoa it? I would wait to dump it at least until after your first uoa results come back. Might still be plenty of life in it after 10 or 12k. Good luck

bbhero, of course!! I was going to go with Amsoil SS but even at dealer cost it was going to be over $9 a quart by the case. I've wanted to try HPS for a while anyway!
thumbsup2.gif

Bigdaddyeasy, it's going to go in my 2008 Silverado when the current fill is ready to be dumped. I may UOA it on the second consecutive run. I haven't decided yet. TBN is 10.9 on this oil so it should do 10k relatively easy I would think.

Last edited:
Keep us posted with the VOA please.. I just ordered 1 quart(case of 6) from amazon for $54.01 USD... I have been using RP HPS 5w30 on my k20 engine
smile.gif
Would love to see an actual VOA of this oil.. .If i remember correctly i talked to tech support from RP and he mentioned that the TBN for the HPS is around 10.. i might be wrong.. looking forward to the VOA
smile.gif

Royal purple doesn't get much love here so I ordered a case online from PepBoys 35% off sale! At ~$6 a quart I had to scratch the itch. I plan to send off a VOA of it in a couple weeks
thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for posting this,it's time for an oil change!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: mauric3
Keep us posted with the VOA please.. I just ordered 1 quart(case of 6) from amazon for $54.01 USD... I have been using RP HPS 5w30 on my k20 engine
smile.gif
Would love to see an actual VOA of this oil.. .If i remember correctly i talked to tech support from RP and he mentioned that the TBN for the HPS is around 10.. i might be wrong.. looking forward to the VOA
smile.gif

I paid $54 for 7 quarts and a Fram ultra!!
thumbsup2.gif

James From RP sent me a PDS of the oil.

HPS 5w30
Cst@40- 63.79
Cst@100 - 11.09
VI- 168
Pour point -54f
Flash point - 425
Sulfated ash 1.39%

How has it been treating your K20? Do you like it?

Last edited:

Bigdaddyeasy, it's going to go in my 2008 Silverado when the current fill is ready to be dumped. I may UOA it on the second consecutive run. I haven't decided yet. TBN is 10.9 on this oil so it should do 10k relatively easy I would think.

10K miles is easy on this oil. RP oils retain their TBN really well. I just did a 12,000 mile run on RP 5w40 in 1 year and the UOA came back with a TBN of 5.xx. This on a car that is modified producing 470hp's and was raced and dyno'd numerous times during this OCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back