Is High MSRP on Pickups a Marketing Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Autotrader is just about worthless. Those prices are just if you qualify for a million rebates.

Since I'm not a vet, farmer, rodeo winner, that's an FFA, AARP, AAA, VFW member I don't qualify.

Ebay once in awhile has some legit deals. There was a leftover Big Horn on their in March for $32k I should have pulled the trigger on. The color was an odd light green. Looked like a special order the dealer got stuck with.

Another dealer had slightly hail damaged All Star Silverado's for like $26k.

If your willing to travel and poke on ebay for a few months you can score a decent buy it now deal.

Last edited:
Dealers do play fast and loose with things. Like charging for dealer prep. The OEM already paid them to prepare the auto for turning over to the buyer, and they charge the buyer to do the same thing! Most folks haven't a clue. And that many times, the incentives the buyer is getting, the dealer is also getting incentives to sell the vehicle that are almost equal with the incentives the buyer is getting. And I always chuckle when I see those ads about 1% over invoice. Whose invoice? The one they want you see or the real one that the OEM gave them? Always the "doctored" invoice. Really goofy situation. Requires a buyer get a little knowledge on how much of this stuff goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back