Tesla Model S now capable of 0-60 in 2.8 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.
The p85/90d are electric muscle cars, nothing more. Get it as capable as the GTR for 100k then it might be impressive.

Is he going to dump those expensive cars and move his emphases toward stationary batteries.

Who needs a car that gets to 60mph in under 3 seconds?

Originally Posted By: horse123
The p85/90d are electric muscle cars, nothing more. Get it as capable as the GTR for 100k then it might be impressive.

No, muscle cars are terrible handlers. The Model S handles like its on rails, and scoots to 60 in 3 seconds...all while being wrapped in luxury. Would I ever buy one if I had the money? No, because of the unproven reliability factor.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Originally Posted By: horse123

No, muscle cars are terrible handlers. The Model S handles like its on rails, and scoots to 60 in 3 seconds...all while being wrapped in luxury. Would I ever buy one if I had the money? No, because of the unproven reliability factor.

Actually, any modern muscle car would beat the Model S in handling easily.

This is getting more gearheads drooling over the possibilities of electric cars. Grab their emotions and their minds will follow.

And, this is a 4-door luxury sedan doing this. Probably some will be at the track with carseats in the back seat, eating Mustangs for dinner. I don't think even a 707 hp Dodge is this quick. Nice to see an American company building cars in America doing this.

Tesla used to be a rarity but it seems there are more but they only go so far and then they need electric charge up again.(Electric car recharged by Coal lol) Seen a Tesla charge station at Arby's in Topeka,KS. While waiting he gets a triple roast beef with fries, gets back in the car for the next leg of the trip and cant make it cause he gained 2 lbs from lunch and not enough juice to make it. I wonder in theory if these cars run/perform better in colder climates? Any insight would be beneficial.

No 24hr Rolex Endurance Races I suppose. No a fan but I love their passion. The Big 3 might try some efforts to follow while they are still above water.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
This is getting more gearheads drooling over the possibilities of electric cars. Grab their emotions and their minds will follow.

And, this is a 4-door luxury sedan doing this. Probably some will be at the track with carseats in the back seat, eating Mustangs for dinner. I don't think even a 707 hp Dodge is this quick. Nice to see an American company building cars in America doing this.

The 10L BOSS did 0-60 in 1.9 seconds IIRC, but I don't think that counts, LOL!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Would I ever buy one if I had the money? No, because of the unproven reliability factor.

It has about the same reliability as a Makita battery powered electric drill. A brushless electric drill at that.

Tesla Model S is in the 4-dr luxury class of Mercedes-Benz S-Class, BMW 7-series, Audi A8 ... Comparing Model S Handling/Performance should be to those cars.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Is he going to dump those expensive cars and move his emphases toward stationary batteries.

Me.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack

I think he keeps both for now, but he may dump the car business if there is an offer he can't refuse.

Chance is that he would get better offer for the car division if Model 3 is a success.

Time to charge depends on rate of charge,

Level 2 (240 volt 16 amp) chargers were 3.3 KW,
New ones are 6.6, (32 amps 240 volts)
Nissan Leaf 2nd Gen can charge at this rate...
NEMA 14-50 plug (dryer socket) can do 50 amps...

A Tesla Supercharger can slam 120KW (more like 150)
So two hours you have 80 to 100%...

The hater's opinion doesn't really counts cause haters weren't going to buy the car anyway.

However, what empirically matters is the opinion of the people who bought teslas. I think overwhelmingly the surveys are showing that the owners are extremely happy with their purchase and that's a statistic worth noting, and they all figure out and get over the charging and range anxiety issues.

I believe tesla satisfaction is #1 of all car brands

The owner's aren't returning or getting rid of their purchase after they bought it or forming up a class-action lawsuit or anything of that nature. instead they're returning near perfect customer satisfaction scores.

Even the people who crashed and caught on fire, what do they do? Did they think they bought a deathtrap? no they went right back and bought a replacement tesla...

Last edited:
Friends of mine have had one since last September; 12,000 miles later, they're very satisfied, having driven it up and down the length of California. I drove it briefly last week, it was easy, smooth, and of course, the acceleration is immediate. Only scary thing is parking; way bigger than I want.
Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back