CARQUEST bought out by Advanced Auto Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at Advanced Auto Parts and noticed on many of the parts it said CAR QUEST

Even the Wearever brakes now said Car Quest on them

notice the Carquest logo / name

TEQ-CORRECT.jpg

CARQUEST Auto Parts is owned and operated by Advance Auto Parts, Inc., the largest automotive aftermarket parts provider in North America, servicing both the do-it-yourself and professional installer markets. Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., Advance Auto Parts, Inc., the largest automotive aftermarket parts provider in North America, serves both the professional installer and do-it-yourself customers. Advance operates over 5,200 stores, over 100 Worldpac branches, and serves approximately 1,325 independently-owned Carquest branded stores in 49 states, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands and Canada. Advance employs approximately 73,000 Team Members.

Originally Posted By: David1
I was at Advanced Auto Parts and noticed on many of the parts it said CAR QUEST

No you were at ADVANCE...

Champ.

*Kinda bummed AAP didnt just drop the Driveworks and bring the WIX and/ or Champ lines in though.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Champ.

*Kinda bummed AAP didnt just drop the Driveworks and bring the WIX and/ or Champ lines in though.

they still have driveworks

the carquest oil filters are for commercial accounts

but they will sell them to anyone if purolator or driveworks have sold out

I saw the cartridge filters and they look solid

This actually happened a while ago, at least a few months now. But, I agree on this:
Originally Posted By: dlundblad

I bought some brake calipers from CQ and when it was time to retun the cores all I found was an empty storefront.
laugh.gif

A tiny sign directed me to Advance. They weren't able to refund my cash, so now I have a dopey gift card/ merchandise credit that won't work with their online coupons.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
I bought some brake calipers from CQ and when it was time to retun the cores all I found was an empty storefront.
laugh.gif

A tiny sign directed me to Advance. They weren't able to refund my cash, so now I have a dopey gift card/ merchandise credit that won't work with their online coupons.
I remember from previous posts that you are just as bad as I am. I also refuse to pay full price
crackmeup2.gif
. That's ok, I have a solution.

Use the promo codes online. Make sure you are signed up for speedperks. Then make sure your total online (AFTER promo code discount) is above either $30 or $100. Respectively, you will earn a coupon for $5 off $10, or $20 off $40. Then buy whatever you want in-store using those speedperks coupons and pay using the gift card. If you keep the transaction totals just above $10 or $40, it's basically 50% off. Just make sure they don't expire on you. Word of the wise: they expire at 12:00a.m. on the day they expire, meaning you MUST use it the day before/can't use it on the date of expiration.

Using this method, I was finally able to burn through the ridiculous number of gift cards I had from rebates.
banana2.gif

The demise of Car Quest will be the last relic of the old Big A operation (they bought a lot of what Big A had when they went bankrupt).

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Who makes their oil filters now they used to be Wix and they were nice filters now i heard something changed.

Champion Labs

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Are the Carquest stores also bought out by AAP?

The CQ near me closed a couple months ago, there's a Advance directly across the street...

Last fall I special ordered a rear brake hose for my '72 Comet from Advance, was CQ packaged when it arrived...

Originally Posted By: wemay
I've seen a few DW cut open. Seem to be well made to me.

Maybe...but my objections is that I recall they are "well made" in China.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back