Anybody know if a lucas tech or employee...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever post here?

I've always wanted their side of the story in the actual test results of their oil stabilizer because there are more haters than users??

What gives?

I doubt there is any test documentation to be had.Its basically thick oil with no additives,about the only thing it could do is resist thermal breakdown and thinning.As for cutting wear and leaving a protective film for startup...who knows.

I dont think there is any Lucas employee who use this product in the way they advertise it to be used.
But as long as the product brings money to the company and people buy it then it will be found on the store shelves.

From my understanding this is a oilthickener you can add the last months before you send the car to the junkyard to slow down the oilconsumption if not want spend money on a oilchange with thicker oil.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NHGUY
I doubt there is any test documentation to be had.Its basically thick oil with no additives,about the only thing it could do is resist thermal breakdown and thinning.As for cutting wear and leaving a protective film for startup...who knows.

And being like Group I, I would question how well it even resists thermal breakdown, LOL!

I do not work for Lucas nor am I bashing their product.

I have been using their Stabilizer product for several years now.
It achieves what I expect from it with great results.

But I only use it in my Oil Can.
Good for the door hinges and other small areas.
I mix it with any other oil to give it that stringy consistency.

My 01 Escape with 213k seeps oil from the timing chain cover. Even a fairly small dose of Lucas almost stops it. It claims to have seal conditioners. I don't think it's the [censored] product some think it is.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
I doubt Lucas could mount any technical defense.

This is a place where they'd get tarred and feathered. I can't see their presence here or participation in a Q&A being productive for them in the least.

I was just at my Napa. They have a whole shelf of Lucas products. Mechanics get their stuff at Napa. The drug store has it the grocery store has it, tractor supply has it. Just about anywhere you can get a bottle of oil has it.

Everybody in the world is stoopid, I guess...

There's a lot of dissin of the trans fix too. But you know what. It frigin works.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: larryinnewyork
I do not work for Lucas nor am I bashing their product.

I have been using their Stabilizer product for several years now.
It achieves what I expect from it with great results.

But I only use it in my Oil Can.
Good for the door hinges and other small areas.
I mix it with any other oil to give it that stringy consistency.

Try chainsaw bar oil, less expensive and does the same thing.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
I was just at my Napa. They have a whole shelf of Lucas products. Mechanics get their stuff at Napa. The drug store has it the grocery store has it, tractor supply has it. Just about anywhere you can get a bottle of oil has it.

There's a lot of dissin of the trans fix too. But you know what. It frigin works.

They have a LOT of publicity too.
I have had mechanics and friends of mine say that the ---- works great!

I'm not a hater bc I'm running the stuff in my cherokee for the past 10yrs or so. And the tacoma just got a dosage this past OCI.

Yeah, I could run thicker oil in my cherokee but I go with what works. I think I mainly just need a ring job. So to keep me happy as well as the jeep I run 5qts maxlife 1whole bottle of lucas.

My mechanic friends and old timer mechanics say it works great for older engines.

No one has ever offered evidence of any of these products working. There are plenty of anecdotes, but no real evidence, much less anyone even trying to explain what makes these additives do whatever it is they're supposed to do.

If they promise to thicken oil, well, great, they do that, but I'd just get a thicker oil. I've never seen anything useful in a VOA. If it works for you, great.

Lots of drug stores and groceries stores and Walmart have aisles of milk of magnesia and enema bags. That doesn't mean I need or want them.

Originally Posted By: Garak

No one has ever offered evidence of any of these products working. There are plenty of anecdotes, but no real evidence, much less anyone even trying to explain what makes these additives do whatever it is they're supposed to do.

You know what the real deal is? And I know you do.

Its that no bitog "god" has blessed it. Maybe we need to put together a list of the ones that have been blessed? I'll start it.

Liquid molly mos2- clevy
Atp205 - god?
Lubraguard red - god?
M1 0w-40 - god?
Marvel mystery oil - god?

Its that no bitog "god" has blessed it. Maybe we need to put together a list of the ones that have been blessed? I'll start it.

Liquid molly mos2- clevy
Atp205 - god?
Lubraguard red - god?
M1 0w-40 - god?

That makes no sense.

Liquid molly mos2- clevy
Atp205 - god?
Lubraguard red - god?
M1 0w-40 - god?

Besides making no sense that's silly.

If they promise to thicken oil, well, great, they do that, but I'd just get a thicker oil. I've never seen anything useful in a VOA. If it works for you, great.

Lots of drug stores and groceries stores and Walmart have aisles of milk of magnesia and enema bags. That doesn't mean I need or want them.

Don't forget the electronic's isle where they sell those little translators for interpreting some BITOG posts.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: kschachn

Last edited:

Liquid molly mos2- clevy
Atp205 - god?
Lubraguard red - god?
M1 0w-40 - god?

You're not a god. Don't worry about it. Molakule is and apparently has no comment.

What doesn't make sense and is silly is to pronounce an additive useless based on a simple uoa. There are many substances that it won't pick up.

Liquid molly mos2- clevy
Atp205 - god?
Lubraguard red - god?
M1 0w-40 - god?

You're not a god. Don't worry about it. Molakule is and apparently has no comment.

What doesn't make sense and is silly is to pronounce an additive useless based on a simple uoa. There are many substances that it won't pick up.

But what do you think the odds are that a product that DOES VOA as a low group heavy base oil with a tackifier and not much else in it has these other substances in it?

It isn't completely "useless" though as it can make an oil burner appear to not be an oil burner for a sale or extend the useful life of an engine on its last legs until a suitable replacement is found. But in terms of adding overall longevity on a healthy engine or anything along those lines, well, adding it to a fully formulated lubricant simply doesn't make sense, as you are affecting the chemistry and diluting that lubricant. Just run a better lubricant in the first place and be on your way.

From the other thread where you brought this up, and forught so vigorously for it, I honestly believe that Lucas has the highest levels of elemental Undetectium of any OTC product.

Allowing it to have an undetectable improvement in performance on the timken tester (I chose timken, as you've espoused the similarity of the test to what really goes on in "the sliding part" of real engines when it's validity has been brought into question).

Lucas...it's what's not in it that makes it so special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back