Battery suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My duralast gold has been fine as far as I know. I don't have expensive testing equipment but the only problem I ever had was a short somewhere, not the battery's fault.

Honestly hard to go wrong with any battery, ironically enough except for the stupidly overpriced ones like optima, which have raised in price while dropping in quality.

Id look at the costco batteries as well as the AAP autocrat silver batteries bought with a coupon... If Napa is not Deka, Id consider that as well.

Most important thing is to find one with a recent date code, and pre-charge it before installation...

Anything made by Deka/East Penn which would be Superstart from O'Reilly, Duracell from many places, or from a batteries plus store. Theres more places too.

Not sure nationwide but Costco Hawaii switched from Kirkland Signature to Interstate branded batteries. I always get mine from Costco.

Interstate, but I'm one of the weird ones

Agm batteries can handle some abuse if that matters to you

Basically your good with anything except Exide which sux, they always leak at the posts no matter how gently you tighten them. The ones selling Exide are pep boys under Bosch... Not sure of who else I'd avoid. I did get 5 years out of a 2009 Walmart Exide battery but it required constant cleaning of the terminals.

I am running an Autocraft Gold. 5 years on it and it works awesome. You can get a heck of a deal on them from advance auto if you buy it online and pick it up at the store when they offer a 20% off online purchase coupon like they often do.

Last edited:
Auto Zone duralast gold or advance autocraft gold... Stay far away from sears their warranty and quality are the worst!

Last edited:
get whatever is the most convenient to you in terms of purchasing;

you'll have an equal chance that it's going to [censored] out no matter what you choose.

Originally Posted By: raytseng

you'll have an equal chance that it's going to [censored] out no matter what you choose.

Pretty much. Most convenient for me is purchasing from AA online with a coupon and picking it up a few miles from the house.

Originally Posted By: raytseng

+1. However Advance Gold/Silver is hard to beat with the discount codes.

I have had good luck with Motorcraft batteries. They usually last 7 years or more for me. The last 2 times I tried something else I regretted it. They go on sale often, but you really have to shop different dealers for the best price. The dealer I got my last one from had them for 129 bucks. I called several dealers and was quoted prices between 129 and 275 bucks for the same part number. That was for the biggest battery with the longest warranty. The standard battery was 10 bucks less.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back