A Start-Up Company to Compete with Tesla ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Faraday Future is a well-funded stealth startup that hopes to reimagine transportation, automotive design, and auto connectivity.

Faraday Future is currently working on establishing a global network of manufacturing facilities, beginning with the United States.

The estimated project investment in the US alone will be in the billions, and the projected headcount has thousands of employees. At the moment, Nelson stated the project is well-funded, not subject to any capital raising campaign and that the initial production date is set for late 2017.

http://www.inc.com/travis-wright/what-startup-keeps-elon-musk-up-at-night.html

Who would invest billions dollar in a new start up company without any record ?

Good, although I don't think Musk will be losing any sleep. This is exactly what he wants, he is giving away Tesla's drive train to whoever wants it.

As soon as I'm done paying for my truck I'm going to buy either a Tesla or Maserati.

Last edited:
I doubt it's keeping Elon Musk up at night. Who do you think is going to be supplying the batteries? He didn't give away his patents and build a large battery facility because he was stupid. Let them build the printers, he's selling the ink.

Ed

"Faraday Future is a well-funded stealth startup that hopes to reimagine transportation, automotive design, and auto connectivity."

"Faraday Future" is that like a future in a Faraday cage that electronic signals cannot peer into? I guess the same effect makes it stealthily well funded?

Whenever i see the word "reimagine" I replace it with "Fantasize about". Because in a fantasy the magical properties of unicorn energy transcends the constraints of real world of economics and physics.

Last edited:
My guess is if anyone wants to compete in the EV market it would be the Indian or Chinese trying to grab market share. Maybe Korean too as Hyundai have locomotive business and EV should be easy for them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back