Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some day today huh? Everything I got jumped today except NAT, which took a dump. That's a good thing. Now I can buy more before it goes ex dividend.
thumbsup.gif
coffee.gif

Oh, I forgot, you're supposed to sell INTO the rally instead of selling BEFORE it.....
smirk.gif

Duh.
pat2.gif

Seriously, all the averages hit new highs today, except the S&P500. Is this the blow-off phase? I don't know, but things look a bit too rosy and we haven't had a significant correction in a very long time.
dunno.gif

Well now that it's official:

THE FED BLEW IT AGAIN AND OVERTIGHTENED

people can rally on rates. I think one of my reit funds was off a few cents, but I think everything else was green.

There is that saying....OK I'm up some good percentage points. I'm still day to day house poor, squeaking by with the budget (Amsoil does help there), wife may get some sub jobs, I can't buy hobby stuff - just stuff for kids. But the wealth growing in my IRA's (and 401K) seems a bit unreal. I've almost made 50% of my annual salary in 6-7 weeks of investing this year, and I am a fairly well paid company man.
popcorn.gif

We really need a correction here, to build a base for future gains. The longer we go without one, the steeper it'll be. All the averages went to new highs a few days back, except for the S&P500, and those kind of divergences usually precede a pull-back.

I'm still up 2.9% ytd, even with a couple of stupid trades......

Quote:

Good for him. In one stock? The S&P 500? Gold? RE? Bonds? Energy? The renmembi?

The general US market. Said that the pullback will be worse if crude goes over $60 for more then a day or two.

OTOH: investors are putting a lot of money in foreign markets because of higher returns. This could make any pullback worse. Lots of ifs here but I think the point is that there are other people who feel like TLR on this.

hide.gif
coffee.gif

I agree that we are for sure overdue for a hard slouch and seem to try and be ready for it.

Then there is the contrarian view - when everyone is screaming that there will be a dive, the market rallies.

I look at it this way: Where else are the power money guys going to put their money?

We have all been wrong before.

We seem to think a lot alike. OTOH I want to find ways to cover my butt. OTOH I keep making money with the market as it is. I was trying to keep 40% cash, then 30%, now I'm under 15%... Whats a guy to do.
hide.gif
coffee.gif

Yeah I had a good week. Oops. I actually don't want to post how much I'm up this year. But it's nice. OK it's somewhere between 5-10%.

I sold some more "stuff" today.

Do brokerage houses make money (on our money) in the time period between execution and settlement?

Quote:

Do brokerage houses make money (on our money) in the time period between execution and settlement?

They're not supposed to, at least on the front end.
smirk.gif
You 'gain' the 3-day float when buying, and 'lose' it when selling.

Congrats on the good performance Pablo, and you too OMPG. In fact, here's to all of us.
cheers2.gif

I sold another one today, wasn't looking to, it just looked bad on the charts. My indicators are getting me out of stuff right and left. Hope the drop comes soon, or I'm dead meat......
tombstone.gif
spam.gif

Quote:

Whatis IEAM? No come up with quote, etc.

Industrial Enterprises of America, Inc. (IEAM.OB) Took me a while to find some data on it. This is a natural for BITOG.

You think this will move, G. M.?

NINTENDO CO LTD ADR (NTDOY.PK) may bare watching...

OBTW, sold PFO today.
coffee.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back