P7Cin A/S + Initial Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 1K miles they appear to be round, black and holding air. The tires I removed were MXV4 Primacy so that is all I can compare it too.
The turn in on the Pirelli is not as quick as the Mich. and has a vague feeling when steering input first starts. When driving in a straight line it just feels numb, nothing serious but just so different than the MXV4. I feel like I must start the corner a split second before I did with the old tires, just different nothing serious. They are quiet compared to the worn tires, as expected.
This is nit picking so overall they are a good tire which so far I can recommend.
Smoky

Could it be the deeper tread making it feel more numb than worn tires? Maybe as they age they'll handle better.

I'm much happier with my P7's than my last set of Michelins.

I agree with Nick. Full tread depth gave better/softer ride but performance/handling isn't as good as worn out tire.

Since we don't have much chance of any rain in summer my cars were usually very bald before raining season starting around Nov-Dec. The tread of Falken FK452 on my S2000 were less than 2/32" 4-5 summers ago, the traction/grip the the bald tire was much better than new. I could take a fast corner at 5-10 mph faster than when it was new. I didn't change it out until it was no tread remaining, the tires at that time were very much slick tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back