Buick Century bad fuel pump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about seeing if I can get a ride to the junkyard and pulling a whole assembly from the best looking vehicle there. The local junk yard has at least 10 vehicles that should have the same thing.

According to the website they charge $46 for a whole assembly plus $5 environment fee plus $2, currently don't have enough money for it yet but working on it.

Nothing you pull out of a junkyard car is going to be any better. If it were me, I'd put it back together with the old strainer and make a note that the assembly needs to be replaced in the future with a AC Delco or Delphi unit.

Use a little more Vasoline, you'll get it in.

You guys are corrupting my moral fiber.
blush.gif

Well it should last you a while until you can afford a whole new unit. Look on Amazon periodically, sometimes they clearance certain parts with great prices. I saw a starter for my mom's Buick (3.4L) that was an AC Delco brand new one for $120, was $180 off ($300 originally). I had already gotten a starter for it but if I saw it beforehand I would have gotten it.

The pump i installed was an Ac Delco advantage, but made in China, it should last, just worried about that straw coming loose, it was hard to get it on all the way on both sides, particularly the part in the sending unit.

ROCK ON !!!!!!
That's AWESOME man. I've been following your whole problem with your car from the beginning. Doesn't surprise me a bit though. I figured you could Mc Gyver a way to make it all work
smile.gif

Yeah glad it's working for now. Hopefully the hose on the sending unit nipple stays put. I was able to get the other end of the hose on the pump very well but only because I was able to hold it close and push against my chest. There's not really any room to work inside the top of the sending unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back