TSX @ 188k Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replaced the valve cover gasket last week due to a slight leak. Here is a pic of what I found underneath the VC. I bought this car with 10k on it 7 years ago. It has been a great car.

20150708_154618.jpg

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Will you be volunteering oil used and OCI?

Mostly Pennzoil Platinum and Ultra (when it was on the shelves). OCI was dictated by the nag light on the dash. I'd guess 7500ish. I don't keep track.

Originally Posted By: cpayne5
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Will you be volunteering oil used and OCI?

Mostly Pennzoil Platinum and Ultra (when it was on the shelves). OCI was dictated by the nag light on the dash. I'd guess 7500ish. I don't keep track.

Looks great! i wouldn't change a thing.

I have this car half-heartedly up for sale. I'm starting up another project and could use a few extra $$s for it, so I've put the TSX up on Craigslist. It's been a great car, and I don't really want to sell it, nor do I have to sell it.

It has been the perfect commuter for me and has been super reliable.

Originally Posted By: cpayne5
0w20 up to 5w30. Mostly 5w30.

What did this engine spec from the factory? Was it back spec'ed at some point?

Spec is 5w30. I don't think Honda back spec'd this engine to 0w20. I ain't skeered of no 0w20.
smile.gif

I did not. Had adjusted them around 110k. They were pretty much dead on then, so didn't bother to do it this time.

The VC wasn't as clean as the camshafts, but it didn't have any black residue. Just a light brown tint as you would expect.

I have a couple more pics, but it shows pretty much exactly what you see in the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back