Safest way to wreck a bike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
By his own admission Jason has a bias in this case....

Just a comment on this: I have a bias against the type of riding I see often here, but not against motorcycles or motorcyclists in general. Some of my best friends ride motorcycles, and my brother enthusiastically rides his Honda VTX1300 everywhere he goes. But in this town, I feel paralyzed in a way as a driver of a cage, constantly weary of even making a simple lane change, afraid that a bike's weaving through traffic behind that I can't see until he's RIGHT THERE.

It's actually quite refreshing to be driving next to a respectful motorcyclist, one who obeys the law and respects the space of other drivers as much as he demands respect of his own space. That seems to be in such short supply around here that it really stands out when it is presented to you.

Again, I feel that there's an uncommon combination of money, youth, competitive spirits, and male hormones in this town that all combine to create the motorcycle market that exists here. There are motorcycle flipping businesses all over town -- the crotch rocket business is really steady, here, and most of the cycles I see on the roads are crotch rockets. Harleys follow, and then larger cruisers like Goldwings.

There seems to be a progression in age, and I guess that's understandable. The youth are all riding, ironically, the fastest bikes. Then you get into the larger bikes. Then, most guys in retirement age are on Goldwings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back