F1 - 2015 British Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Originally Posted By: Pesca
It is not Martin Brundle for a while now.

It is David Coulthard now, who is doing a decent job.

Shows you what I know, since we get NBC here.
smile.gif

The BBC use David Coulthard, Eddie Jordan and Suzy Perry.
Sky Sports F1 uses Martin Brundle, Johnny Herbert, Simon Lazenby, Ted Kravitz, David Croft, sometimes also Anthony Davidson or Bruno Senna or Alan McNish.

Martin Brundle's 'grid walks' are a thing of legend.

I guess it would be the BBC feed that we get, then, weasley. I remember Eddie Jordan a couple years ago taking a crowd to task at interview time for booing Sebastian Vettel after a race win.

I think we have a little bit of both: Friday practice FP2 is usually with Ted Kravitz and Alan McNish, and someone else in the stand.

On saturday and sunday, we usually have David Coulthard with other commentators, and when the raccord is not perfect, we can hear sometimes the last or first word of Suzy Perry or Eddie Jordan.

Yep, and TSN is notorious for cutting in and out at inopportune times. If something interesting is developing on the track or an announcer has something that I'm trying to listen to, it's time to cut to commercial. And they never have the full show, so announcers are never properly introduced.

I want Bernie to bring back BernieVision and do so in a widespread fashion before he retires or croaks.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Yep, and TSN is notorious for cutting in and out at inopportune times. If something interesting is developing on the track or an announcer has something that I'm trying to listen to, it's time to cut to commercial. And they never have the full show, so announcers are never properly introduced.

When this race was televised last weekend, my wife and I were in a hotel in Detroit so I got to watch the first half of the race with the US feed of the race. In that version, we got to see Lewis Hamilton's pit stop which was very quick and put him into the lead. But when we got home and watched the race here in Canada, which uses the BBC feed, it cut to commercial during his pit stop! How annoying!!!

Yep, and the little picture in picture thing TSN does isn't helpful in the least, unless you have an 80" TV or something like that. And it seems that every commercial, like I said, wipes out something interesting, be it a pit stop, a race director ruling, or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back