Where can I buy 1/8 NPT splitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry not sure where to post this. I am adding a oil pressure and temperature gauge to my engine, I already have both vdo gauges and sending units, I need to add a 2 1/8 npt males into 1 female 1/8 npt, 3 female npt into 1 male npt would be nice (to retain original oil pressure idiot light).

Thanks in advanced, I have always found the answers I need on here
smile.gif

Located in Central PA, close by is... Lowes, Home Depot, Tractor Supply, Harbor Freight, Autozone, Napa, Advanced auto parts.

I don't trust some the brass tees and splitters that come w/ gauge kits or are commonly available, especially in a high vibration application. I recently put an oil pressure gauge on my 90 diesel and found a great selection of industrial steel adapters at MSC Industrial (I needed one as a stand off for clearance).

Another option is to get an oil pressure sender with an idiot light terminal, VDO has them. I went this rout to keep the original idiot light on my Rover.

This is the pressure sending unit I bought

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251046822857?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

You can't install a temperature gauge on a dead headed adaptor. The sensor must be in contact with flowing oil, either in the gallery or in the pan.

Ed

I read that I can have a temperature gauge at the oil pressure port, that's where a lot of people measure their oil temperature, the readings are very similar vs oil pan or flowing source, in fact that's why the 1/8 NPT oil temperature sending unit is the number one unit sold.

Back on topic please! If you have .02 to add please PM me or keep it to yourself. Just looking for a place I can buy a 1/8 NPT fitting to allow 3 sending units to be used at the same time.

Last edited:
Found them at my local auto parts store but the oil temperature sending unit still does not have enough clearance... forced to buy a oil filter sandwich plate from ebay
frown.gif
Any my wait for my gauges continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back