TGMO,0W20,9886,59470

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Just got my most recent UOA back for the 13 Avalon Hybrid. I was expecting the viscosity numbers to be lower than the previous two reports, however, they increased. Could this be caused by oxidation? All UOA’s were on TGMO 0W20 & OEM filter. 7000 or more of the 9886 miles were interstate. And many of those were at 85 to 90 MPH along with some mountain driving. I push it up hill as fast as I let it go downhill.
I changed out the TGMO & OEM for M1 EP 5W20 & Fram Ultra a few days after the sample was sent in. No particulates were visible in the filter cap or in the filter pleats. This is the first time I have not seen at least a tiny piece of something trapped.

13%20Avalon_zpsyztxq4xk.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dmack2
Hi,
Just got my most recent UOA back for the 13 Avalon Hybrid. I was expecting the viscosity numbers to be lower than the previous two reports, however, they increased. Could this be caused by oxidation?

Oxidation does make viscosity go up, so you're right. Yours barely moved though. Really almost nothing.

This might just be the best UOA I've ever seen. High TBN after all those miles, very very low iron, phenomenal.

Originally Posted By: dmack2
I changed out the TGMO & OEM for M1 EP 5W20 & Fram Ultra a few days after the sample was sent in.

Good choices. You've chosen the best oil filter I know of, better filtration and endurance. Except, 1 criticism, I'd use M1 EP 0w-20 instead of their 5w-20 product to match the TGMO 0w-20's weight. 5w-20 is good, 0w-20 might be better in a hybrid especially. No problem really though, very small diff.

What is your fuel consumption with the car?

As said in the Blackstone's comments, could you guess how much time/distance did you do only in electric mode?
I believe it is quite low as the engine is quite often on even at low revs, right? Maybe off mostly during the downhills on the highway?

Nice report BTW.

Pesca

MPG varies a lot. 39.2 was for a 9886 mi computer ave. The low tank was 29.XX & the high tank ave was over 44.

Above about 48 MPH the gas eng runs between 1000RPM & max which is about 5500 or a little more...don't remember. At 70, on the flat, it runs about a constant 2000.

Makes you wonder what a plug-in Chevy Volt' UOA would look like, since its all-electric for the 1st 30 miles or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back