What rolled in the shop today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Impala/Caprice needing transmission work.

This was the rudest/self absorbed [censored]Hat I have run across in a long time, Wanted the 4L60E replaced with a "New One", I advised him there are no New 4L60E transmissions available, I can build you a better transmission with a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty, Or we can buy a GM Remanufactured transmission with a 3 year 100,000 warranty that you can use at any GM dealer if something were to arise out of state/out of tow range. He didn't hear one thing I said....Just scoffing noises the hole time.

He asked "How much that cost"?

If you want me to build the transmission in your car, It cost $x,xxx

This guy flipped out! I think I caught some of his dialogue.... Craigslist, $550, Your ripping me off, I could buy you & this Shop, I will make your mom & wife my [censored], I'll kill you. Blah Blah...

I picked up the phone, And said "let's get the Fort Worth Police department involved, I'm the one at fault, Probably go to jail too" He ran to his car & burned off....I laughed so hard I cried, Big tough guy running off...

His ride...

Yeah let's chrome plate the whole car.
grin2.gif

I know where you are coming from. It's very sad. How does it go from thinking you are ripping him off, to Threatening your family.

This country needs to wake up. I will say it looks cool in the picture, minus the clown rims.

Last edited:
He should have wrapped some aluminum foil around that car instead of that ridiculous paint job and then he might be able to afford a transmission.

Looooook at the wheeeeeeeelssssssss!

Those stupid dubs are probably worth 10 times more than the POS car they are on and the moron probably rents to own them.....

Originally Posted By: CT8
Don't like the clown wheels

I would say that it's a clown car, but I'd be insulting the clowns. It's always amazing to me that some people can put tens of thousands of dollars into their ride, but can't afford the small stuff.
I hope the owner of it didn't see the OP taking a photo of it. That would just inflate his ego even more.

Cost my dad 800 bucks to rebuild a 2 speed ST300 trans. That was with him taking it out and putting it in himself.

Some people will drop 8k bucks on rims, but wont do 2 or 3k for a new engine or trans. Stupid.

I always get a chuckle when I see [censored]-boxes abandoned on the side of the road that have THOUSANDS of dollars in useless aesthetic mods, most likely because they couldn't be bothered to spend even a few hundred to maintain their cars.

I'm sure that at least some of these idiots reacted the same way when a mechanic quoted them a timing belt job...

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Good God,what the [censored] is that????

That was my reaction in a nutshell, LMAO!!!

Guy came in yesterday to buy some bulbs for his aftermarket gauges. He was driving a 100% custom Camaro thing. Fiberglass body, full tube chassis, four wheel independent suspension, all wheel drive(!), aluminum 6.0.

Yet he freaked the [censored] out over having to pay *gasp* $4.99 (plus tax).

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
The paint job looks expensive.

Yeah but I'm gonna guess it's a wrap, that's what about all the billboard(graphics) vehicles are using these days...

Originally Posted By: TFB1

Yeah but I'm gonna guess it's a wrap, that's what about all the billboard(graphics) vehicles are using these days...

95% sure it's a vinyl wrap.

If that is a genie Impala SS, that is PURE, 100% BLASPHEMY! Tarring and feathering would be way too gentle.

Originally Posted By: TFB1

Looks good in the picture, quality wise, not in taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back