What are these Called?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need one of these nuts to hold the flap on my '05 LS430. The local Toyota could not find them on his computer and I don't want to drive 3 hours to nearest Lexus dealership. You have any idea if I can buy these locally at a auto parts store? Or at least tell me what they are called.

nut.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It holds these on underneath the car on both sides of the engine.

nut3.jpg

I don't think it is a pita connector. It screws on a nut attached to the car.

Last edited:
If I can't identify something like that, I go to an independently owned auto parts store, then ask one of the guys to find me a matching part.

I would call them a push fastener, they look similar to "Christmas tree fasteners", "pine tree fasteners" or "push rivets".

Last edited:
It looks like it may be a push type retainer. See if you can pull the stem up a little bit and snap a picture. Shine some light on it. There's hundreds of different types of those. I've got the catalog but I just can't see yours well enough to identify it. Snap a better picture and I'll get you the part number.

Take a picture of it facing upwards like this:

auveco-auv-ap20564-pak-acura-and-honda-push-type-retainers-44-nylon-44-20-mm-4.gif

Lowes has a drawer labelled "oddball fasteners" that may have something that fits/ works.

If you have the part number, it might be worth it to order a bag of them online. Sometimes Amazon or eBay will have stuff like that. Or...an online Lexus/Toyota dealer should have it. You should be able to call the Lexus dealer for the part number.

I went to Lexus dealer. Parts guy couldn't find it in computer. Mechanic had never seen it. Came home and sent pics last sat back to parts guy. Maybe I'll get it figured out today. Nobody else needs to respond. I was merely trying to find one locally. Thanks for all your responses. This thread can be closed and eliminated.

Just out of curiosity.....Were these damaged/torn off in a car wash? I had a similar issue with a prior car coming in contact with the guide rail.

No. Just found one missing from a plastic flap underneath my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back