UOA PU 5w30 4800mi OCI 2003 Toyota Matrix Xrs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to share this new UOA I received and had just one question. Is 5ppm Potassium anything to worry about? None showed up last time and Blackstone made no mention of it being an issue, but I used the same brand oil, oil filter and air filter as last time. I was going to let the oil go to at least 5k this time, but changed it before going on a 2600 mile road trip and I guess I would have been OK to leave it in.

On a side note, I did do a water decarb and ran Redline Sl-1 through a tank of gas right before I changed the oil. I have just over 180k miles on her now and never did these things before. The silicon went down, it was elevated on the previous because I had just replaced a bunch of leaky gaskets and seals. New water pump was done during this OCI also.

Toyota oil filter
Injen dry air filter with CAI

image_zpsa4vg6h9o.jpg

Your insolubles were at 0.3, not too high, but enough to account for something like dirt coming in the air intake. Check the seal on your air filter, maybe tiny amount of Potassium is getting in there. Really not much to be concerned about it seems. Low wear levels. That PU could go to 8,000 miles with that TBN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back