Wont be buying meijer motor oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is made by Citgo.....compare the two oils out of the bottle, and you'll understand why. They are pretty close (and a bit thin)

Besides lighter on the TBN (Common with citgo oils), I've have no issues using it 4-5k.....

Originally Posted By: occupant
OK. You went about this the wrong way. Walk into the store and ask to see the MSDS for the product. Tell them you want to know the flash point as you intend to use the oil in a stationary generator in a hot environment.

Hey, it's worked for me in the past at a Wal-Mart.

And I just saw Johnny's reply. They should be required to show you the MSDS if you ask for it. You can always report them to OSHA if they refuse, but you won't get much sympathy if you're not employed at the store.

+1

Just received their 5W-20 synthetic oil MSDS. It is made by Citgo and the MSDS is dated Jan 2010.

The MSDS did not list all the usual data and below are some of the relevant ones:

Meijer Synthetic 5W-20
Viscosity (cST@40 deg C): 47
Viscosity (ASTM D2161): AP 250 SUS @ 100 deg F
Flash: 242 deg C (468 deg F)

Last edited:
How does castrol edge formerly syntec compare to mobil 1? My meijer is having a castrol syntec sale for 22.99 and Walmart has mobil 1 on sale for 22.57!

How does this compare to meijer store brand synthetic oil at 16.47? All these synthetic oils are on sale, which one should I get? Or which one is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back