Fuel on the rise again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just filled up. I know gas prices are higher in San Diego than anywhere else in the lower 48 but, fuel went up about 50 cents a gallon in a week, to $4.10 (Shell 91). After dropping to below $3 for a few months, the bounce back to $4.50+ a gallon is almost complete here. My guess is higher prices are just around the corner for the rest of the country too, not as high, but similar to the past in cost.

Word is the Obama administration asked oil companies to drop their prices to put the squeeze on Russia for its annexation of Crimea. I guess the squeeze is just about over.

Quote:
Hmm...

Seems like it's on the way down on my coast

Sub $3 pretty unilaterally across NYC... Just

Better get that road trip in while its easy on the pocket book. Those prices are likely to change, and soon. The oil companies have money to make up, lol.

Filled up last week for $3.28/gal. Today it was $3.99/gal. at the same station. I normally use two tanks a week. This is ridiculous.

It's been $2.47/gallon around here for the last few days. It's jumped from $2.40-$2.59 a time or two, but seems to settle back down around $2.50.

Gas has remained about the same here over the last couple weeks. You guys in Cali have a high special interests tax. Election time coming up so they musta had to turn the screws a little.

You know what they say? What comes around, goes around. Doubt gas will be $2 more a gallon in California for long.

Currently visiting family in Syracuse,ny and I have never seen gas In New York so cheap. $2.75 here, was like 2.69 in Ohio.

New York is typically about 50 cents more than Ohio

Always good to see all the conspiracy theories come out whenever the price of gas goes up. Around here it's been somewhat stable, $2.54 a gallon. I believe refinery margins are up and CA is one of those weird nut cases where there's such a specific blend needed, if there's any shortage or refinery problem the local prices shoot up. If you've been watching the price of WTI or Brent, it's been coming down lately. Refinery margins and summer gas has been keeping the prices up. Once Iran comes back online with a nuclear deal, prices will go lower.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Always good to see all the conspiracy theories come out whenever the price of gas goes up. Around here it's been somewhat stable, $2.54 a gallon. I believe refinery margins are up and CA is one of those weird nut cases where there's such a specific blend needed, if there's any shortage or refinery problem the local prices shoot up. If you've been watching the price of WTI or Brent, it's been coming down lately. Refinery margins and summer gas has been keeping the prices up. Once Iran comes back online with a nuclear deal, prices will go lower.

Nah, still about the same thing- profit. Just different ways to get it...

Originally Posted By: bvance554
Another reason not to live in CA.
Yup...

Gas peaked at $2.71 here over the July 4th. holiday, starting to drop now. I filled up on Thursday at Hess for $2.55 .

Most places went from 2.49 to 2.89 over the weekend around here. I got greedy and saw the Kroger store across the street from my usual station had not raised the price yet, so I went there and cashed in my rewards points and filled up at $1.89 gallon. I filled the tank, the filler neck, the seats, the radio, the wifes purse, and anywhere else I could cram gasoline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back