Why is Land Rovers expensive to buy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the correct answer to the question is that luxury marques, such as Land Rover, cost more to buy than plebian marques such as Chevrolet, because they are made of better materials, with better engineering, and have more features, although many of the luxury features have filtered down to the plebe ranks.

If you want an aluminum car, or electronic suspension, or some of the other medium to high end features, you still have to pay the piper.

Any idiot with more money than brain that has ever bought one of these new, already knows this, and doesn't need to ask the question in the first place.

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
Oh really? Cause outside the USofA Land Rovers have a great reputation, as do Toyota's. Ever wonder why you don't see the UN running around in to many jacked up F350's?

I've seen your other posts -- you're smarter than to make that flawed argument, Hattares.

Originally Posted By: Win
Well, the correct answer to the question is that luxury marques, such as Land Rover, cost more to buy than plebian marques such as Chevrolet, because they are made of better materials, with better engineering, and have more features, although many of the luxury features have filtered down to the plebe ranks.

Better quality interior appointments? Sure.

Better engineering? Nope. Recently purchased a vehicle myself for mainly bouncing around the farm/commutes into town, and really wanted a Rover.

The L322 is a basket case, and the P38 was still reliant on a '60's era engine for propulsion (with head gasket issues), an air suspension that's guaranteed to fail, and general electronic (HVAC, for example) issues that'd drive you nuts. There's a reason I ended up with a "plebeian marque".

With all those electronics and features what do you do out in the sticks when your vehicle fails to proceed? If you're rich it makes no difference. If not it's a problem.

I've build several expedition type vehicles starting with an older vehicle and picking components for the task. This was done with reliability in mind but also it was done so if anything failed it could be dealt with on the side of the trail.

Over priced and rated.For people who think they are impressing others. Hard on gas and i would bet they spend enough time being repaired that people who bought one,Hate it. A Lexus would be a much better SUV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back