At GM...

Status
Not open for further replies.
At GM plants you have to park extremely far from the doors if you drive foreign cars.

What if I drive an American built Honda?

No, you must drive your American GM car made in Mexico, not your foreign Honda made in Indiana.

Which is why I will never buy another Big 3 car again.

What about the Australian built (Holden) Pontiac GTO or German built (Opel) Buick?

It is interesting..

One Chrysler plant made non Chrysler owners park out back,not in the main parking lot.I have always wondered why people that work for a certain carmaker,or sell/repair a certain brand...wouldn't own their own "fave"? I guess I was rare when I worked at a Chrysler dealership,and drove a Chrysler.Although I have to say,nearly everyone else did too...those were the days...

It has nothing to do with the country of production. If you don't like it, go get a job at Honda. A lot of Honda factory jobs are in Japan, so good luck if you only speak English. If you do end up getting a job working for Honda, the profits from the cars you make are being sent overseas. That's why it's called a "Japanese" automaker and that's why GM is an "American" automaker. Do you actually not understand this or are you just being ridiculously disingenuous in order to troll people?

No car will ever be 100% American-made again unless the world achieves widespread income equality because there will always be some peasants who will do anything for a few cents a day somewhere in BFE. It's not bad that people in other countries have jobs. Cars aren't automatically bad if they're made in Nowhereistan. Economic injustice is bad, though.

I toured the Corvette plant in Bowling Green.

Unfortunately for me, Budget gave me a Nissan Pathfinder for this trip... instead of something like an Impala or a Taurus (as I'd reserved).

Had to park it out in the back 40, in a rainstorm.

It isn't the fault of the Big 3, it is nothing more than the union mentality that they have to suffer with, and it shouldn't surprise anyone at all.

There is that world income equality union propaganda again, while the brothers and sisters shop at Wal-Mart and drive foreign built cars.

I have to laugh at the latest Chevy commercial. They have people saying that it's just a nice as some other luxury car makes, but a Chevy isn't a Mercedes, BMW, Lexus or Audi.

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
Do Ford and Chrysler do this too?

Worse... Ford makes Fords and Chrysler makes Chryslers.

Originally Posted By: horse123

b19de341ee441844723c1750fbd3be8e.jpeg

At least at FCA the CEO and upper management can park their Ferrari's or Maserati out front. FCA is FCA.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 285south
At GM plants you have to park extremely far from the doors if you drive foreign cars.

What if I drive an American built Honda?

No, you must drive your American GM car made in Mexico, not your foreign Honda made in Indiana.

Which is why I will never buy another Big 3 car again.

Which GM plant do you work for? Or are you just ranting?

Originally Posted By: horse123

thumbsup2.gif

Giving small people something to stand for. It's amazing how often you see/hear it.

Allowing childish parking lot behavior is management throwing a worthless bone to its employees.

It serves as a daily reminder of how foolish/shallow/uneducated and knee-jerk a population we've become. Kira

How about rebadged import vehicles like the Pontiac Vibe (Toyota Matrix) and it's latest rebadge the Chevy City Express (Nissan NV200?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back