Electric wok recommendaton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing some fellow BITOG members are pretty savvy when it comes to quality cookware.

smile.gif

I'm hoping to find an electric wok that has the following features -
  • Made in USA
  • without any non-stick coating
  • dishwasher safe
I'm looking for a quality wok, and I'm reading that a wok really shouldn't be put in a dishwasher. If I have to hand wash the wok, that's not a problem. I'm looking for a wok that's the "healthiest" (I cook for my Wife and I as well as for my German Shepherds), so that's why I don't want a wok with any sort of "coating".

Recommendations?

Thank you,
Ed

I'm not optimistic about finding an electric that is both non-stick and made in USA. If you can handle a non-electric wok that is used with a ring to cradle the wok above a gas or electric burner, you can check out this site. Don't know where they're made, though:

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/search/wok.html

This is a site for commercial-grade equipment. I have a microwave from them that I like very much.

GrtArtiste

I believe a good wok is like a cast iron skillet. You never wash it. Once it's seasoned, it's just a quick hot water rinse and wipe when need be. That's how they do it at Chinese food restaurants anyway.

I also don't think an electric one would sustain the high temps required for real wok cooking.

I've had 'non-stick' electric ones. They're just OK. I've never tried one over a gas flame.

Last edited:
What you want is like the Vintage stainless Farberware Wok on ebay. Bid is at $17.

May not be dishwasher safe, but meets all your other requirements.

Is there such a thing as a dishwasher safe electric skillet or wok?

I don't even wash my regular pots or pans in the dishwasher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back