Justice Bros Engine Tune Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
We used to sell this product in one of our shops, it's essentially solvents that help quiet lifter ticks from what the rep told us. I don't see much benefit this will have for a Diesel engine. It did work great in the old ticking caravans.

It won't do any harm but probably won't do any good either..

Wat oil are you using? And what do you hope the justice brothers will do? OpieOils are one of the best companies in the country for variety of choice and information/recommendations, maybe give them a shout as well as giving us a bit more info to help to advise you

Bought it cheapish off ebay and I was going to put it in an A6 1.9 tdi Im getting next week just until I get round to do an oil change.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Donald
What is the problem you are trying to solve?

Unsure of last oil changes so basically wanting to use it as a safe flush/cleaner ready for the oil change.

The A6 tdi is a PD engine, NEVER use oil additives and make sure to always use a 505.01 or better oil - the Justice Bros product will work similar to brake cleaner if up I need to de-gunk anything but definitely keep it OUT of your engine oil.

www.carparts4less.co.uk are the cheapest for Mann filters and Pagid pads, they have some 505.01oils too but Opie Oils are probably a better bet for fluids.

Originally Posted By: dervdave

Unsure of last oil changes so basically wanting to use it as a safe flush/cleaner ready for the oil change.

A 100 mile OCI on a cheap synthetic will clean any residual gunk out, and ester-based synthetics are thought to provide very good cleaning too. Just please don't pour solvent in the sump of anything with PD injectors!

Originally Posted By: Olas
Originally Posted By: dervdave

A 100 mile OCI on a cheap synthetic will clean any residual gunk out, and ester-based synthetics are thought to provide very good cleaning too. Just please don't pour solvent in the sump of anything with PD injectors!

Ok I take your advice about putting solvents in the motor.
I use Quantum platinum oil, how about Lubegard ?

http://www.lubegard.com/~/C-180/LUBEGARD+BIO-TECH+Engine+Oil+Protectant

Last edited:
Adding stuff to your oil isnt a very good idea, especially if you don't know how the stuff you're adding will react with the oil itself.

If you really want to 'clean it out' do a 100 mile oil change on cheap synthetic.

If you really want to add something to your oil, LiquiMoly Mos2 is proven to be very effective.

I never used lube guard so I can't comment, but I very much doubt it will do anything an oil meeting 505.01 can't do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back