Looking for a pop up car port thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will you use during snow season, or just for temp summer use?

I did some looking a while ago into this. I got the impression that they were not that bad. Not going to last ten continous years, but they won't just fold up under light snow.

If I did get one I would be tempted to frame it up a bit on the inside, 2x3's or the like, tieing to the metal bars, for more stength.

There are reviews on youtube, and how tos for setup.

As for HF vs Shelter Logic, I do not remember if there was much of a difference between them. I am sure the much more expensive ones are better, thicker material etc.

The covering is very light. Will not last more then 2 years. I have 2 of the shelter logic units. Their covering lasts about 4 years. To get something to last over 10 years will cost ~$1500. I replaced the covering on my first one twice, then scrapped it. The second one is mounted on a wooden base off the ground. I was able to salvage some commercial tarps from a nearby roofing job, and have covered it with one. I'm planning on replacing it later this year with a metal building.

Shelter logic is in the OP's 'general area' (watertown ct); so he might be able to pick up one there instead of paying the $78 shipping charge of the HF unit.

Last edited:
Collier Ports, out of Hopkinton, MA. Tough, durable, and will hold a couple feet of snow with no trouble.

the pop up garage is going in front of my garage. I will need to cut a hole in the back so i can drive a vehicle through the pop up garage. I am leaning towards the harbor freight one because it's fairly affordable and i can reinforce it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back