Napa Inline Transmission Filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: morris
i found pics of a cut open magnefine. heres the url. i hope i get this right. http://www.v6performance.net/forums/6g-p...ilter-pics.html

I might put the person who posted that in the near idiot class as the filter unscrews, no need to hack it apart. I and others have posted pictures of the Magnefine filter here. Its best to let it drain/dry out for a few days before taking pictures so the particles stand out more.

I did it! Had to brag a little as this is my first time changing the transmission fluid in my cobalt. I was a little scared of it because it does not have a dipstick. I've done all the previous car I have owned but they all had a dipstick. Not to bad. Dropped the pan, changed the filter, installed magnefine and filled with 7 quarts of maxlife. Checked the level at the plug and it was good to go.

So I went to Autozone today and picked up the 2210 filter thats mentioned in this thread. I just wanted to make sure this is the one everyone has since it doesnt look the same as the one on the Autozone web site. I know it does have a magnet for sure. The box says product of Mexico and the body says made in China and the numbers 1240 above that.

2210.jpeg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Trav
The 2210 i bought from AZ a few months ago is metal. Maybe they changed suppliers, i need to go and look if so that sucks.
I want the metal one not the plastic leaker.
Two leaker's in a row is too many, i will never buy another Magnefine product again.

Agreed after two failures!

You're already adding a couple of failure points by simply cutting and splicing in this filter.

Originally Posted By: Donald
There was some mention on this site that newer Magnefine filters had heat sealed the section that screws together. Some have mentioned a tiny leak there. I never noticed. Note - you should not unscrew the filter to have a look see and then screw it back together and continue to use it.

Why not? I've done so several times.

As per the leaking, I've had several leak right out of the box. Now, when I get a new filter, I tighten them with 2 pipe wrenches. Never had any problems once that is done.

Do any of these install easily on steel lines? Have you used the magnefine tube fittings? Does the Wix come with similar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back