BP settles all oil spill claims for $18.7billion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: surfstar
Originally Posted By: Danno
Originally Posted By: ccap41
3.19 million barrels of oil were spilled.

Interesting facts.

The oil was spilled into a 643 quadrillion gallon bathtub (12 quadrillion barrel eqiv.).

Or the oil spilled was 0.000000026% of the gulf's seawater volume.

Mississippi deposits that much water (3MM gallons) into the gulf every second.

In the Gulf of Mexico, there are more than 600 natural oil seeps that leak between one and five million barrels of oil per year.

Just putting the leak in perspective.

Weird. The pipeline spill we just had here in Santa Barbara, was quite small, only 20k gallons or so. YET, there were dozens of marine mammals and birds killed. We have tons of natural seeps out here, yet you don't see oiled seals, sea lions, and birds every day. How's that for perspective?

There's a big difference in the concentration when WE cause a spill vs the natural amount that seeps out over a big area.

Dam straight. People that use the seep argument make me sick.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Dam straight. People that use the seep argument make me sick.

It's not spelled "dam". What's your paper in again?

And the question is whether seeps exist or not, or are oil company propaganda as you claim.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Hey, c'mon guys. You'll never get to join the lil club unless you develop some flexibility...

How about some smarts? I'd prefer that.

What is the point of bringing up oil seeps whether they exist or not? You think that let's the oil company off the hook with spills? Showing pictures of oil floating on water without pinpointing its source to me means the oil companies are constantly spilling oil.

First, I brought up nothing about seeps. But that small fact will likely go unnoticed by anyone as self centered as you.

Smarts by your definition are not on my list of required things for life. As a successful entrepreneur in an extremely competitive field I must compete with many for my dollar. You simply get what you are fed. I bet you would be very disappointed by my independence and would have never made it on your own. I did, and raised 3 children as a single dad as well.

This may explain your manners here. I sense your deep frustration about your independence and position in life thus your incredibly conceited, narcissistic, and vain postings here. Oops, and your frequent vacations as well as your name being linked to trolling all over the net.

Please note that I am unaffected by your baloney, so talk it up. Keep on imagining you are the smartest man in the room. It is a great way to crash and burn early...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back