Diesel Cheaper than Gasoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
At a Kum-n-Go gas station it is 2.54 and gasoline is 2.59. I couldn't believe my eyes! Been a long time since that was a sight.

Local Hess station has 87 for 2.59, diesel for 2..59. Speculators are betting that Oboma will cave on the nuke deal. that Iran will get restrictions lifted and their oil will be dumped on the open market to get much needed $$ for their nuke program.

Same here, at least until winter comes in.
wink.gif

Diesel is much cheaper than regular here in Orange County, So Cal for more than a year now. It is as much as 50 cents a gallon cheaper than regular at some stations.

The problem is not many stations have diesel, and some stations have diesel but they don't post diesel price.

Diesel has been cheaper than gasoline for about 4-5 months here. This morning I noticed regular went up .25 overnight and diesel went down .10 at a station I pass every morning.

Isn't great to have diesel lower than gas for a change! I filled my semi in Lasalle, IL Thursday, and with the available discounts on top of lower pump prices now, I paid $2.11 a gallon for diesel. Factor out the total state fuel tax, which is only paid by me on fuel used within the state, and the actual price for the diesel was around $1.70 a gallon.

One thing that gets missed in the pricing around the country, diesel and gas are taxed at different rates. That explains some of the differences. Even on a Federal level, 18.4 cents a gallon on gas, 24.4 cents a gallon on diesel. States are all over the place. Some state fuel taxes are borderline criminal.

I know my spreadsheets for my business sure show the lower diesel pricing effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back