Complete cooling system rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after putting a few thousand miles on my new to me Jeep I noticed the cooling system was a little on the weak side. I decided some attention was needed. I ended up getting a little carried away. Replaced water pump, Thermostat, Radiator, Electric cooling fan motor and fan clutch. This has the towing package with two fans. I ended up staying with the green coolant but might upgrade to the G-05 in the future. I got it all finished today and took it up in the local mountains driving it pretty hard. Temp gauge never went above 200*. Before all the work it would push 230* at times. Very happy with the outcome. I discovered the electric fan wasn't spinning as fast as it should have been. I can actually hear it now. Fun times for sure.

Complete peace of mind with a refreshed and rebuilt cooling system. Nothing to go bad, no hoses to burst, a cooling system can handle the hottest of hots.

Also check the fan relay if it's been replaced. It's a solid state relay that commonly goes bad on E-Fan equipped Chryslers. With that mileage I'm assuming it's been replaced.

Relay was done also along with hoses and clamps. I cut a hole under the passenger side headlamp for access to the relay. This is commonly done on these Jeeps. And yes the large dose of peace of mind is wonderful.

Originally Posted By: Blkstanger
Relay was done also along with hoses and clamps. I cut a hole under the passenger side headlamp for access to the relay. This is commonly done on these Jeeps. And yes the large dose of peace of mind is wonderful.

Nothing wrong with that. I get the same feeling when I do a full tune up. No matter how well the vehicle runs in the end it always runs better and start quicker. Its a good feeling when your work puts forth a visual improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back