Quiet Highway Tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've put almost 35K miles on the LTX MS/2 on the Pilot. These are in the running for best tire I've ever bought. They do everything right- highway, quiet, wet, snow, dry traction, long lasting.

Originally Posted By: clinebarger
Originally Posted By: CKN
I am not sure why everybody is recommending heavy truck tires. There are several "XL" rated tires that will suit your needs. Also, if you don't have any heavy loads the manufacturers equipped most half ton trucks OEM with any number of name brand "P" rated tires that would also be quiet and ride very smooth.

I was not quite sure from your post if your looking for a quiet tire or a truck tire.

If you have access to a "Big O" tire store or "NTB" tire store I would suggest the following-

http://www.nittocrosstek.com/tires.aspx?tt=3

I run these tires and they are ultra quiet on the highway.

Not all Michelin MS/2 tires are load range E, What's the big deal with running a LT tire on a Light Truck....They generally run a lot longer than a P-metric.

The old LTX A/S was even quieter than the M/S or M/S-2, But as they aged wet traction got really bad.

I would think an LT would only be less comfortable though. Heavier/stiffer I would think that would only give you a firmer ride.

Originally Posted By: wirelessF
> Highway tire

Michelin LTX M/S 2

I was gonna suggest the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus but it's a crossover/SUV tire.

It sounds like that is what the OP is looking for though. As long as it meets the load rating requirements...

Originally Posted By: ccap41
I am not sure why everybody is recommending heavy truck tires. There are several "XL" rated tires that will suit your needs. Also, if you don't have any heavy loads the manufacturers equipped most half ton trucks OEM with any number of name brand "P" rated tires that would also be quiet and ride very smooth.

I was not quite sure from your post if your looking for a quiet tire or a truck tire.

If you have access to a "Big O" tire store or "NTB" tire store I would suggest the following-

Not all Michelin MS/2 tires are load range E, What's the big deal with running a LT tire on a Light Truck....They generally run a lot longer than a P-metric.

The old LTX A/S was even quieter than the M/S or M/S-2, But as they aged wet traction got really bad.

I would think an LT would only be less comfortable though. Heavier/stiffer I would think that would only give you a firmer ride.

The LT tire is what is going to be specified on a 1 ton van for a reason. It is designed to be used with the heavier loads.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Originally Posted By: ccap41

The LT tire is what is going to be specified on a 1 ton van for a reason. It is designed to be used with the heavier loads.

I think you're mixing this thread with the other one about the GMC 3500 passenger van one. But you are correct.

As for this one(GM half ton) some do and some don't require a LT rated tire. but if there isn't going to be towing or serious loading and comfort is at the forefront I would think you'd want to stay away from an LT.

Put the LTX M/S 2 Michelins on today. And a set of Bilstein shocks yesterday.

It's like driving a new truck.

Thanks to all for an excellent recommendation.

I have the Michelin LTX MS2 tires on my 2014 Tacoma 4 x 4 truck. Quiet-smooth ride in the city or on the highway (best truck tires I have ever had on any of my trucks). Before that I had some Firestone LS tires and they were loud on the highway and I could never get them balanced. The factory tires were BF Goodrich Rugged Trail tires. They were quite and smooth riding (city and highway) but they had NO traction when the road was wet or snow covered.

Originally Posted By: CCI
Put the LTX M/S 2 Michelins on today. And a set of Bilstein shocks yesterday.

It's like driving a new truck.

Thanks to all for an excellent recommendation.

Thanks for your posting your update!

Fresh replacement 275/65/18 LTX M/S2s went onto the Sierra today. $237+/each (ouch) but worth the investment imho.

Already had the Bilsteins.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back