JX 35 UOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
What type of driving does this unit see? City/hwy/short trips? How old is the air filter? Is it Castrol Syntec or Synblend? What happened to the original engine? The #'s look fine to me other than a little high on silicon.

It's probably 50/50 city and hwy. She lives about 5 minutes from work, and works 7 days on 7 days off. On her off weeks she does a lot of interstate driving. The air filter is pretty new, I looked at it and it looks clean. I think it has about 8k miles on it. That UOA she used Castrol Synblend, I don't know why Blackstone said syntec. The engine was replaced due to antifreeze mixing into the oil. It took several trips to the dealership to figure it out. They did a leak down test and finally decided to replace the engine. That was at around 23k miles. I had the oil changed at the dealership, so they collected the oil sample for me. I wonder if they got some dirt in the sample container off of their hand or something.

I'd say everything looks fine - maybe a slight air filter leak at worst. You could carefully grease the edges and reinstall it. Other than that, keep doing what you're doing. The Synblend is working well. 7k OCI shouldn't be a stretch - keep it topped off.

Thanks! Since we're looking at doing extended oil change intervals, I put Mobil 1 5w30 in this oil change. I had planned on using PUP, but my parts store didn't have it in 5w30. I plan on changing this oil at 7,500 miles, and eventually getting to 10,000 mile OCIs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back