Calcium (Ca) 4800
Barium (Ba) 1
Phosphorus (P) 1280
Zinc (Zn) 1489
Molybdenum (Mo) Boron (B) 279

Vis 100 C 14.2
TBN 15.2

Charlie

This batch was expensive - $190/20L jug (about $36/US gal). I think in Europe you can get it in 5L jugs but here only 20L.
Good for up to 40000 mi OCI in my application, though.
No charge for shipping.

Charlie

Originally Posted By: used_0il
Can buy it in consumer packaging?

I don't think it's available in Canada any longer. It hasn't been on the Imperial Oil sell sheets for years.

I stopped by Imperial Oil yesterday, and they share offices with another company. The other company had a list of Co-op cardlock locations posted on the window for the drivers. That must stick in the craw of the Imperial Oil guys.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Would the high Ca be for gear reduction sets and shared final drive applications?
This oil might work well as a motorcycle engine oil, or in applications where an engine oil is specified for a transmission.

The TBN at 15.2 is redundant for ULSD, but is there any harm in using that oil?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ca represents detergents, usually calcium sulfonate and phenate. For deposit detergency and acid neutralization. Usually these oils aren't good for spark ignition engines due to high ash fouling spark plugs.
MB approves 228.5 oils for up to 1200 hrs in 900 series engines, pre-DPF/SCR.

Charlie

Back in the day when engine oils had hair on their chests, we could get Delvac 15W50 with close to the same additive level as your 5W40 SHC has.

Would the high Ca be for gear reduction sets and shared final drive applications?
This oil might work well as a motorcycle engine oil, or in applications where an engine oil is specified for a transmission.

The TBN at 15.2 is redundant for ULSD, but is there any harm in using that oil?

Although I agree with Charlie I have used similar oil in my petrol /gasoline car for the last 100k KM without issues.

Back in the day when engine oils had hair on their chests, we could get Delvac 15W50 with close to the same additive level as your 5W40 SHC has.

Are you referring to Delvac 1 5W50 (never have seen it) or Delvac 15W50 (never have seen it)?

Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back