Hyundai Veloster Turbo 1.6 GDI oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: Bigdaddyeasy

I dunno, ask Terry Dyson. He's the one that told me to ditch it because it wasn't any good for fuel dilution in my wrx. He suggested the redline and it didn't shear outa grade like the other.
Ester base i suppose.

It didn't shear out of grade because it has no VII's and is also massively heavier in the first place having a HTHS similar to most xw-40 oils.

It isn't the oil's ability to "handle the fuel" so to speak but rather the fact that it started out much heavier in the first place and also has nothing to shear in it.

THAT is the answer i was looking for.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: Bigdaddyeasy

I dunno, ask Terry Dyson. He's the one that told me to ditch it because it wasn't any good for fuel dilution in my wrx. He suggested the redline and it didn't shear outa grade like the other.
Ester base i suppose.

It didn't shear out of grade because it has no VII's and is also massively heavier in the first place having a HTHS similar to most xw-40 oils.

It isn't the oil's ability to "handle the fuel" so to speak but rather the fact that it started out much heavier in the first place and also has nothing to shear in it.

THAT is the answer i was looking for.

Vr1, GC and t6 all did well to.
Anyway what ever it is m1 sheared outa grade do to fuel dilution every time in the subie.

Yeah, i used a lot of RT6 in the EVO before i sold it and all my buddies in the Subbie crew did as well. Many still do. Very stout oil. Granted, we were all modified. (also ran RP)

I wasn't aware of Red line's HTHS for their 5W-30. Good information from OVERKILL.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wemay
Yeah, i used a lot of RT6 in the EVO before i sold it and all my buddies in the Subbie crew did as well. Many still do. Very stout oil. Granted, we were all modified. (also ran RP)

I wasn't aware of Red line's HTHS for their 5W-30. Good information from OVERKILL.

Yes and the rt6 could be had from Wal-Mart.

Doesn't appear that there needs to be anything especially great to make the list. Apparently just have to be sn g5 certified. So what's the point?

Oh heck, wrong thread!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back