Dodge

Status
Not open for further replies.
My local dodge dealer uses pennzoil syn blend 5w20 all I can find at Walmart is 5w30. My truck calls for 5w20.

You could always just order some Amsoil, they'll ship it to your house.

I'm looking for 5w20 syn blend pennzoil I was wondering if anyone has seen it?

OK, please make the titles a little more descriptive, like "Man Bites Dog" or something.

I'd say just use the 5w-30. I've never seen a 5w-20 application that wouldn't do great on 5w-30.

If you cant find it at a shop near you, go buy it at the Dodge dealership. Oil is usually not really outrageously priced there.

Just use the regular yellow bottle conventional pennzoil in 5w20. It's probably better than syn-blend anyway, who knows.

Shoot, it is a syn-blend.

Last edited:
Pyb 5w20 is a syn blend? Where does it say that?

Also, dude just pick a 5w20. You're in TN so even the supertech is decent stuff.

You don't need to use what your dealer uses - there is zero logic in going out of your way to obtain one oil over another. Did they tell you that they did, or do you simply think that they're on to something?

Your manual probably says only use a 5w20 that carries the MS-6395 spec as well. Many don't list it on the bottle.

If you're under warranty use any MS-6395 0/5w20 oil. My owners manual recommends it, though it doesn't state it requires it.

Originally Posted By: dslofti
I'm looking for 5w20 syn blend pennzoil I was wondering if anyone has seen it?

Call up your local Shell distributor.

Personally, I wouldn't bother chasing after it and just gotten something else.

I would go with a synthetic 5w20 like Pennzoil Platinum. If your really hung up on a semi sym make your own with a 50/50 blend of PP and PYB if you can't find Pennzoil Gold.

Originally Posted By: dslofti
My local dodge dealer uses pennzoil syn blend 5w20 all I can find at Walmart is 5w30. My truck calls for 5w20.

You can order it online at WalMart.com and get delivered to your store free delivery for store pick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back