Amsoil Series 3000 HDD 5w-30 VOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that most people buy the HM oils because of the seal conditioning/swelling additives they contain, not just because of higher ZDDP, boron, calcium, etc. levels?
21.gif

The Series 3000 product makes no claims as far as this is concerned, correct?? (Yes, it IS very good stuff, and I've used it in the past. ;! )

I thought they bought it because it had slightly higher anti-wear, was a tad thicker, and had slightly improved cleaning abilities.

Buying it for seal swell capabilities alone shows a bit of narrow vision.

Can anyone tell me how much more seal swell additive is in Mobil 1 5W30 HM than is in say Mobil 1 5W30 EP.

I've been thinking about trying this oil, so thanks for posting a VOA. Considering that HDD has an HTHS of 3.5, the KV100 of 11.36 is relatively low. GC has an HTHS of ~3.5, but has a KV100 of 12.2 to achieve it.

Ran it twice in my Tacoma about 9 year's ago. Once when I towed a trailer from California to Texas. It didn't skip a beat. Back then I thought a more robust oil wouldn't hurt. Now that I have a little more knowledge, lol. I could of ran a any oil and would have performed the same.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
I thought they bought it because it had slightly higher anti-wear, was a tad thicker, and had slightly improved cleaning abilities.

Buying it for seal swell capabilities alone shows a bit of narrow vision.

Can anyone tell me how much more seal swell additive is in Mobil 1 5W30 HM than is in say Mobil 1 5W30 EP.
It has a little more or less depending on which batch is tested and which plant batch mixer is used and which shift the batch mixer is calibrated to dispense the additive necessary .

In other words, don't buy an engine oil that was
blended on a Monday morning or Friday afternoon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back