VML @ WM

Status
Not open for further replies.
My g/f's car needs an oil change and she uses VML 5W30 in the engine. A recent trip to the local WM auto section shows the VML is $18.24 for the 5 qt. container. The online price for the same oil at that particular store is priced at $16.74. How do I go about getting the VML at the stores online price? I was going to make a copy of the page downloaded from their site showing the lower priced VML at their particular store. Is this the correct way of doing this? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Unless it says on line pricing only they should honor the lower price. Show them the on line pricing. Worse comes to worse you can just order it on line and request free pick up at the store. They'll take it off the shelf and you can pick it up.

Whimsey

Yep, do the "site to store" option you can pick it up the same day if it's something they normally stock.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Yep, do the "site to store" option you can pick it up the same day if it's something they normally stock.

^^This

Sorry, but if I'm already there, I need it and I have it in my hand, I'm paying the extra $1.50. Life is too short to sweat the little stuff. If you need 50 jugs of it, that's different.

So basically, she orders the oil online, pays for it online, then just goes to the WM and picks it up? It states to get free shipping you must purchase $50 or more.....???????

Originally Posted By: bigt61
Sorry, but if I'm already there, I need it and I have it in my hand, I'm paying the extra $1.50. Life is too short to sweat the little stuff. If you need 50 jugs of it, that's different.

Hey, members here use the same oil filter for multiple OCI's, so, this is my similarity to doing that by not having her pay the extra $1.50.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

So basically, she orders the oil online, pays for it online, then just goes to the WM and picks it up? It states to get free shipping you must purchase $50 or more.....???????

Only way I've seen them charge shipping to the store,is if it's an item not normally stocked at the store in which they acquire it from an outside source (like a speed/hotrod shop) and have it shipped to the store.

Site-to-store is always free shipping regardless of order amount. The $50 minimum only applies on ship-to-home orders

Everythings free shipping with store pick up. $50 or more ships free to your door.
When you pick it up I gotta go to the back of store where layaway use to be, at least at my wm. But yes ots free shipping for store pick up.

Originally Posted By: zach1900
That oil is still $25 in store here.

You sure that's not the full synthetic maxlife. Semi synthetic is $18

Originally Posted By: Bigdaddyeasy

Everythings free shipping with store pick up. $50 or more ships free to your door.
When you pick it up I gotta go to the back of store where layaway use to be, at least at my wm. But yes ots free shipping for store pick up.

But free shipping to store doesn't apply to "not sold in stores" items,right?

Originally Posted By: wemay
Neither of the two WMarts around here honor their online rates.

Have you talked to the store manager them-self? They have the final say so for price matching.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

Any item ordered online on Wal-Mart website has free shipping to store.

Originally Posted By: JBinTX30

Have you talked to the store manager them-self? They have the final say so for price matching.

I tried to order some Australian Gold tanning accelerator on Walmart.com and it said "not available in stores" and only gave me the option to ship it to my house for like $6 or so. Didn't give me a ship to store option.

My g/f's car needs an oil change and she uses VML 5W30 in the engine. A recent trip to the local WM auto section shows the VML is $18.24 for the 5 qt. container. The online price for the same oil at that particular store is priced at $16.74. How do I go about getting the VML at the stores online price? I was going to make a copy of the page downloaded from their site showing the lower priced VML at their particular store. Is this the correct way of doing this? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

IIRC, Valvoline Max Life oil is a synthetic blend while Max Life ATF is full synthetic, curious.

Any rate, $18.79 is rather steep for a synthetic blend. Walmart had 5 quart jugs of Mobil 1 5W-30 on sale for $22.xx in my area.

Originally Posted By: JBinTX30

I tried to order some Australian Gold tanning accelerator on Walmart.com and it said "not available in stores" and only gave me the option to ship it to my house for like $6 or so. Didn't give me a ship to store option.

Not everything on the site is actually sold by Walmart, although other sources are all marked you can't get site to store on any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back