Anybody riding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on guys, it's summertime and no posts on where you've been riding. It has been hot here but the wife suggested we ride to dinner last night. We rode to a little restaurant we had been meaning to go to for a while. It's about 60 miles away and had a nice country style meal with fresh veggies and shared a homemade dessert then took the back roads home, and got home about an hour before dark. 120 mile round trip and was very enjoyable, especially when the wife suggested we go. Tell us about some of your summer rides.

Back roads only on my BMW airhead. Too many dazed and confused
drug addled drivers out there on the interstate.

I ride every day it's not raining (light rain is ok), usually 100-200 miles. This past weekend the clutch burner hopped on back and we rode all around the coastline of lower Michigan. On the way home a Dodge Caravan in front of us veered to the right and flew off the road into the woods at 60 mph, they were hurt bad....police said driver fell asleep. My wife was freaked out for the last 50 mi home.

I haven't been riding too much lately due to the heat and the fear of someone pulling out in front of me. When it's ATGATT and over 90° comfort suffers. The back roads between home and work are fun, but all the cross roads and driveways have me nervous lately. I'd like to get the bike (1998 Honda VFR800) out for a long day trip, but my schedule has been filled with other activities.

Just my dirt bike, my 2 and 5 year old boys ask me to get it out and honk around, doing some jumps and wheelies, or just spin the back tire up the driveway through the gears. Then we saw some motocross on TV, and they became less impressed with my "skills".
laugh.gif

I put a hair under 60-miles on the little Honda Elite 80 Sunday morning. All the local drunks and partiers were sleeping in after the 4th, so it was a quiet morning with hardly any traffic on the roads.

elite_80_left.jpg

been riding when weather & work schedule allows...been raining more frequently this season so the bikes spend more time idle than ridden; I hope to ride each bike one day this weekend...

trying to mix up riding between charity events, biker b-fasts or rides to fire dept b-fasts, commuting to work, and recreational rides; lost a sibling last month and I am definitely 'out of my groove' lately...

Last edited:
I've been riding the Ducati 1200 to work on days when there's not been rain in the forecast. Direct route to work in the morning. Long way home on the back roads.

I am itching for a good road trip. I've taken the FZ to work probably twice each week and I try to ride the mountain bike to work once a week. Traffic sucks, but it's better than public transit.

I did ride to Calabogie with some friends to watch the Canadian Superbike races a few weeks back. Lots of police, so we had to keep our speed down.

https://goo.gl/yl3ZhK

Last edited:
Got 9,500 miles on one bike so far this season, maybe another 1k on another. Two Iron butt saddlesore 1,000 rides(one lunch run for BBQ in St. Louis and another around Lake Superior), several 600 miles day rides and many more sub 400 miles days on top of riding to and from work, my car didn't get used for over a 6 weeks until this last week.

Have a 3,500 - 4,000 mile trip planed here at the end of July. MN, SD, ND, WY, ID, MT, WI

June not much, rained every day . In may we rode to new Orleans on the sportys ,2400 miles in 5 days . Rode the Natchez trace down and about half way back .

Jake

I'm riding every day. I'm in the Portland area this summer, so the 'extreme heat' of being in the 90s is a wonderfully pleasant summer for me!
:)

I can't swing a leg over any of my 5 bikes till my wife beats her bout with cancer. I can't risk getting hit by a car, have to be there for her when she need me. But when she does beat it(and she WILL), we will go for a long ride. I even bought her a new bike to give her something to fight for(other than fighting it for the grand kids and me) and WE WILL GO FOR THAT RIDE.

RIDE SAFE,
ROD

I ride 40km to work everyday - it's winter here, and was 0c this morning. I ride an Airhead, so my feet are warm...everything else isn't. Mind you, I'm colder at work than on the bike, so riding to work is the warmest part of my morning.

Not too much. 4400 miles since April and i'm gone for work 75% of time. End of month road trip coming up with travel from TX, NM, NE, CO, SD, MO, WY, UT scheduled

Last edited:
I ride as much as I can. But I'm not home much of the time. Today I am, and I'm going for a ride.

If this board allowed attachments, I'd even post pictures.

I have a Photobucket account, but there are too many proprietary pictures there to be linking to that.

5 friends and I went on a 1600 mi ride for 5 days from Pittsburgh to what I think are some of the nicest roads in the U.S.
We went south and rode to Maggie Valley with riding all over WV/VA/NC/TN/KY and PA.
Tail of the Dragon/Cherahola Skyway Loop. 6 Harley's of all types.
Great weather and absolutely perfect roads!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back