185 MPH at Bathurst this year ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be awesome!! Just would have to adjust the ratios for 1-5 so they keep enough revs for the climb up the mountain. I think they just kiss 6th going up Mountain into Giffins, all depends on your exit on H-E-double hockey stick Corner.

I never knew that the rules limited the gearbox ratios.
21.gif

Do they have to run a set rear axle ratio as well??

The way I read it, they are getting a change to the final ratio. Just have to match the other gears so give them more torque up the mountain.

Yeah, a fixed rear axle ratio, spec gears (I think) locked rear axle, and same redline for all.

I was looking up those gearboxes they use and on the list of vendors, the first one that came up for the US is literally within walking distance of my house. I had never heard of them, pretty cool stuff.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I was looking up those gearboxes they use and on the list of vendors, the first one that came up for the US is literally within walking distance of my house. I had never heard of them, pretty cool stuff.

Where are you seeing that list?
21.gif

In the current rules it states that they ALL MUST USE the Ozzie based/made Albins sequential transaxle (another thing I did not know about them-that they used rear transaxles).
confused2.gif

Car of the Future went to a standardised off the shelf chassis and the transaxle at the back.

Yes, let the teams have the ability to optimize the gearing (drop gears, transmission ratios, and final drive) for every track they go to. It's worse on the engine to be bouncing off the rev limiter for a few seconds on a straight than to let it put out max power for the same amount of time.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Car of the Future went to a standardised off the shelf chassis and the transaxle at the back.

Did they have a choice of gearbox manufacturers before the C.O.t.F. rules, and when they were still attached to the engine??

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

Did they have a choice of gearbox manufacturers before the C.O.t.F. rules, and when they were still attached to the engine??

They were all from Hollinger. I think it was similar to NASCAR, everyone used Jericho even though there are options.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

They were all from Hollinger.

I figured that would have been the most popular brand, but not the ONLY one used IF they had a choice.
wink.gif

I figured that would have been the most popular brand, but not the ONLY one used IF they had a choice.
wink.gif

It happens a lot in racing. In Champ Car everyone ran Lola, then a couple switched to Reynard and then everyone ran Reynard. Then Penske and Swift had their own chassis, and as soon as Penske went pack to Lola, everyone went to Lola.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back