Looking 4 brake & fuel lines bundle 4 2001 Impala

Status
Not open for further replies.
A brake line for the back brakes of our 2001 Impala blew. It is part of a bundle of brake and gas lines that runs near the bottom of the doors on the drivers side. The whole bundle (brake and gas lines) use to be available as one item from the dealer but it is no longer stocked. The gas lines of the bundle on the car are rusted out, and it would be best to replace the whole bundle.

Does anyone know of any other source for this bundle of fuel and brake lines for a 2001 Chevy Impala?

Right now it looks as if all of these lines will have to be replaced one at a time if I can not come up with the bundle.

BTW, the bundle for 2005 Impalas is different and will not work.

Just replace them one by one with NiCopp line. Its easy to work with and flares easily, it will never rot again.
Its available in thickness’s for brake, evap, transmission and fuel. The trans, evap and fuel lines will need a special tool to flare them on this car.

Originally Posted By: Olas
Just buy a roll of brake line, a flare tool and some olives.

Olives?

Originally Posted By: supton
Olives?

My best guess is that the olives are to be used as stoppers for the fuel and brake lines to prevent loss of fluid. The line ends can be buried into the olives.

Maybe unions? I am guessing some lines are just easier if not run as 6' sections or whatever.

I am glad that I don't live in the rust belt anymore. I have no plan never ever to move back. I drive a 2001 Grand Am GT and the only major issues I had with it were rust related.

We recently bought an '04 LeSabre that lived near an ocean (we live near the ocean). I have never seen rust on brake and fuel lines like this. I have also been looking for complete kits, the closest things I have seen are on EBay, but they don't seem to have the braided flex zones in them. Some of the OE lines Are available for a reasonable price.

Twist up some piggy tails near the master cylinder to replace the flex line.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Twist up some piggy tails near the master cylinder to replace the flex line.

That has worked well for me in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back