2005 Scion xB-With new gen oils what OCI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toyota changed the OCI for 2005 Scion xB from 3K miles to 5k in 2005. That's 10 years ago. Several generations of oil have happened in the past 10 years. So whats the best estimate of the present day OCI for a 2005 Scion xB using a present day dino oil such a Valvoline?

You can go 10,000 mile OCIs if you use an Extended Performance full synthetic, they are really that good. Mobil1 Extend Perf, or Castrol Edge gold bottle/jug Extend Perf, both available in 5 quart jugs at Walmart, and real advancements. Use a synthetic, or the oil tends to burn up near the rings, clogging the oil return holes, and causes stuck-ring oil consumption problems you don't want. Picture is:(note the plugged oil holes, hard to see, but in the lower ring groove):
IMG_0079.jpg

How far do you want to go.

How much do you want to spend at each oil change.

What is the current condition of the engine with regards to maintenance?

Past history just like that long form the doctor makes you fill out. Need more info.

I tried to edit it to put in question marks but waited too long. I am watching a really good anime and lost track of time!

I've run M1 5W30 EP for 10K in the '05 xB in my sig, there's a UOA posted-
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3470847/%2705_Scion_xB,_10K_on_M1_5W30_E

that engine is indescructible. run it for 25k OCI on chicken rendering. it will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back