Wix 57060 cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
This filter came off my 08 Silverado. It has some gritty stuff in, oil must be cleaning. Also on the adbv it was a slime/grit thicker than oil. I ran this filter for 4500 miles. Filter looks a little wavy but good to me.

No this is a everyday driver. I have the feeling that the owner before me didn't really worry about taking care of it. Probably a drive it and trade it guy. I have been changing at 50 percent on the olm.

Originally Posted By: R80RS
Thanks for the cut and post. Looks like it did its job, even with the wavy pleats. What oil was used?
Napa synthetic with Valvoline NG topoffs

I'd say the shorter intervals is a good approach to cleaning it up some considering how dark the oil looks, and I think WIX is a great filter for shorter intervals for the price considering Tearolators falling off the planet.

Thoughts on an idle oil flush before your next oil change, perhaps?
21.gif

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
I'd say the shorter intervals is a good approach to cleaning it up some considering how dark the oil looks, and I think WIX is a great filter for shorter intervals for the price considering Tearolators falling off the planet.

Thoughts on an idle oil flush before your next oil change, perhaps?
21.gif

Might be worth looking into. Ill see what this next filter looks like when I cut it open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back