Review And Comment On My Amsoil Bypass Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to ask the Bypass forum of their opinion of my Bypass setup.

I have a concern if my engine is maintaining proper pressure and being properly pre-lubed before startup.

Here's my setup.
2006 Tundra w/4.7L V8.

Removed stock oil filter and installed sandwich adapter ( not sure of model ).
Attached to sandwich adapter a Magnafilter ( 3003416 I believe )
Attached to Magnafilter an Amsoil Ea15K51 oil filter.
The Amsoil filter was to simply terminate the oil flow exiting the sandwich adapter and Magnafilter.
Question: Is there a "cap" that I could attach to the sandwich adapter so I could remove the Magnafilter and Amsoil filter.

From the sandwich adapter are a supply and return line ( above the Magnafilter ) over to an Amsoil Bk13 bypass mount.
I run an Ea90 Bypass filter and I forget the part number for the full flow filter.
The full flow filter is pretty much the same size as the Bypass filter.

I also have attached to the bypass mount the Amsoil pre-lube system for lubing the crank prior to engine start.
I'm not sure how well the pre-lube system operates having to pass thru the sandwich adapter.

I've ran this setup for a couple of years with no problems.
I have an OA done every 5000 miles thru Blackstone Labs with positive results.

I've been able to run 15,000 to 20,000 miles between oil changes.

Pressure is good on the dash oil gauge but all it ever reads is mid scale.
I tried a "wet" oil gauge but was too concerned about an oil leak inside the cab from the frail plastic tubing.

So my concern is if the engine is able to maintain proper oil pressure with all the "oil" routing and filtering I am doing.

Engine runs fine with no unusual noise.

I would really love to remove the additions to the sandwich adapter to simplify the setup.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Some dash oil gauges are not accurate and/or show what the computer wants you to see.

In best of all worlds, you want the bypass to get oil thats just been filtered by the main oil filter so the bypass would fill up slower, filtering only tiny particles missed by the main oil filter. Not sure if thats your setup.

If there were a startup lag or problem with oil flow you would know it by now. Your engine has vvt-i which uses hydraulic oil pressure to adjust valve timing based on conditions. Commonly confused with ADB, a 1-2 second rattle at startup as the vvt-i cam gear struggles to unlock from the retarded position would be present. If your not experiencing that flow or priming is good, because the vvt-i system is very sensitive to oil flow. Especially at startup.

how is that setup working for you? any changes?
and you can get copper line for oil pressure gauges, its much more durable and its what i use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back