2015 explorer oil change

Status
Not open for further replies.
My local dealer does it with motorcraft oil and filter for 29.95 I can do it myself with mobil 1 for about 33.00 I know motorcraft is a syn blend which one would you do? Thanks

Motorcraft is good stuff, personally I would use Pennzoil platinum pure plus if I was doing it myself and either a Fram ultra or a bosch distance plus filter. The ultra is cheaper. But that's if I was doing it myself also if you wanted to stick with Motorcraft it's cheaper to get Motorcraft from Walmart that it is through the dealer at least where I'm from it's about 16+ tax. Maybe another 4 or 5 Motorcraft filter from Walmart as well. I'm not a fan of mobil 1, it's a great product I just don't fancy it; but either way you go you'll be just fine

I'd let them change it since its gotta still be under warranty.
Mc is fine. Ford test their vehicals on it and I would suppose their oil life monitors are designed with mc in mind.
Other than for warranty purposes you could save some money doing it yourself.

Originally Posted By: Bigdaddyeasy
I'd let them change it since its gotta still be under warranty.
Mc is fine. Ford test their vehicals on it and I would suppose their oil life monitors are designed with mc in mind.
Other than for warranty purposes you could save some money doing it yourself.

Changing the oil yourself doesn't void your warranty.

Yeah it has the lifetime warranty they said you can do it yourself.

Another way to look at it would be that the dealership keeps records of the changes plus if u sign up for the ford service account every 5th oil change is free

Originally Posted By: dslofti
My local dealer does it with motorcraft oil and filter for 29.95 I can do it myself with mobil 1 for about 33.00 I know motorcraft is a syn blend which one would you do? Thanks

While it's under warranty, stay with the dealer. If you do it yourself, make sure you document your changes (receipts, records of date/mileage/oil used/filter used) in case there's a warranty issue and the dealer gives you a hard time. Plus at that price, you're not saving much doing it yourself IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back