Cooper CS5 Grand Touring or BF Goodrich Advantage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at a set of 4 to put on the 2007 Buick Lacrosse OEM chrome 17 wheel/rims. I have a set of separate winter wheels so whatever is purchased will run in three seasons. Price is about $40 a set more for the Cooper CS5s.

Cooper CS5 Grand Touring or BF Goodrich Advantage T/As

Any technical assistance for best value?

Not a technical rationale but all things created equal, I would go for the BF Goodrich just because the tires are produced in the US and the Cooper in China

225/55-17, right?

Cooper has a rebate on the CS5, so they are actually $20 cheaper.

Therefore, go with the CS5 Ultra.

225/55-17 Correct.

If purchase at BJs Warehouse...BF Goodrich has $50 instant rebate. $15 installation package per tire with road damage warranty, lifetime balance and rotation. H rated - 75K

Correct about mail in $60 rebate on CS5s. Mavis with $17 install per tire having lifetime rotation only which I do myself.

Oh cool, I didn't know BJ's had their own rebate! Because the national BFG rebate was last month.

Originally Posted By: cdeason
I would go for the BF Goodrich just because the tires are produced in the US and the Cooper in China

The CS5's are US-made. Cooper makes the Zeon RS3-A and RS3-S performance tires in China.

Originally Posted By: cdeason
Not a technical rationale but all things created equal, I would go for the BF Goodrich just because the tires are produced in the US and the Cooper in China

Please get your info straight. only some cooper are made in china.. this is the same for many manufacturers including Michelin.

The CS5 series are new and good. there are other excellent options out there any reason why you just listed these 2 tires?

Last edited:
Also the CS5's are essentially better versions of the CS3/CS4 so they have had a lot of improvements on already good tires. I heard Cooper put a lot of effort into these tires for their 100th anniversary.

FYI I had BF Advantage on my Camry...they were the hardest riding tires I have ever experienced...took them off after7000 miles at a big loss. Replaced with Bridgestone Serenity Plus and never looked back.

Originally Posted By: rhhsiao
Have run these on GF's CR-V. Great tire, especially for the price.

What tire are you referring to?

Originally Posted By: Rand

The CS5 series are new and good. there are other excellent options out there any reason why you just listed these 2 tires?

Have Michelin Defenders on the CR-V and BF Goodrich TAs on the Mazda. Had Cooper CS4s put on FILs vehicle and they seem good.

Never really got into the tire circle of information so reason why it's asked on BITOG.

What other tire make at $120 per tire is in the realm of these two selections? 225 55 17

If you would have asked two weeks ago, I would have said the BFG's hands down. I have owned several sets and have been impressed with them.
However, last week I bought the first set of Cooper branded tires that I have ever owned. I have to say that I am really impressed. Good handling and traction for the price. However, I still am not impressed by a set of "Mastercraft" tires taken off the same vehicle that is one of Cooper private brands.
I doubt that you could go very wrong with either.

Originally Posted By: Recalculating
Originally Posted By: Rand

Have Michelin Defenders on the CR-V and BF Goodrich TAs on the Mazda. Had Cooper CS4s put on FILs vehicle and they seem good.

Never really got into the tire circle of information so reason why it's asked on BITOG.

What other tire make at $120 per tire is in the realm of these two selections? 225 55 17

Looking at the Tire Rack for prices.. seeing the T/As are $123 there are a handful that I would buy over them. BFG makes great truck tires and performance tires but their all seasons aren't where I would invest in.

Based on the TireRack's prices(in the vicinity of $120):

Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season 101.54 (special)
Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2: $110.20
Pirelli P4 Four Seasons: $127.14
Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06: $128.00

Then a little more pricey:
Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season: $132.11
Continental True Contact: $133.56

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back