A Funny Memory - Old Friend's Auto Tranny

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just reading a thread here about whether or not it is beneficial to use Neutral in auto trannies at a stoplight, and it reminded me of something an old friend told me back in high school.

So, this old friend of mine had bought a used Chevy S10 Blazer off a guy he knew. Truck had previously been driven hard, basically abused. Of course he knew that, and didn't care, he just wanted it to d-ck around with. Truck wouldn't shift into reverse.

Well, he said that after driving it for so long being unable to use reverse, he was getting annoyed. He said one day he threw it in neutral, redlined the engine, slammed it in reverse, and somehow miraculously, the reverse gear kicked in.

Some say two wrongs don't make a right. But this old anecdote proves otherwise about abused transmissions.

I sure wouldn't ever do that to my truck, but hey, it worked for him! Lol.
crazy.gif

Anyone have any ideas as to how his redneck approach worked?

~ Triton

Originally Posted By: Triton_330
I was just reading a thread here about whether or not it is beneficial to use Neutral in auto trannies at a stoplight, and it reminded me of something an old friend told me back in high school.

So, this old friend of mine had bought a used Chevy S10 Blazer off a guy he knew. Truck had previously been driven hard, basically abused. Of course he knew that, and didn't care, he just wanted it to d-ck around with. Truck wouldn't shift into reverse.

Well, he said that after driving it for so long being unable to use reverse, he was getting annoyed. He said one day he threw it in neutral, redlined the engine, slammed it in reverse, and somehow miraculously, the reverse gear kicked in.

Some say two wrongs don't make a right. But this old anecdote proves otherwise about abused transmissions.

I sure wouldn't ever do that to my truck, but hey, it worked for him! Lol.
crazy.gif

Anyone have any ideas as to how his redneck approach worked?

~ Triton

Higer rpm = higher hydraulic pressure in the transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back