to go to dealer for warranty or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ram_man
It goes in tomorrow for the strut popping again they put a new quick strut in it and its doing it again from the same spot it sounds like.

They put a Quick-Strut in? On a car under warranty?

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
It goes in tomorrow for the strut popping again they put a new quick strut in it and its doing it again from the same spot it sounds like.

Makes no sense. They probably did the mount which is really common to replace on those year Focus.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

Makes no sense. They probably did the mount which is really common to replace on those year Focus.

I wonder if they just sprayed the mount with silicone to get rid of him.
crackmeup2.gif
They sound like a really poopy dealer.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
Most modern seat material is awful, typically in trucks you get 5 years.

The driver seat in my 1996 Ford Contour looks brand new and is extremely comfortable still, it's cloth. My 2002 F-150, which is the 60/40 cloth bench is barely worn and still very comfortable. My wife's 2005 Explorer has leather seats and the driver seat cracked badly after 8 years. She found a company on the internet that makes new leather seat covers that matched the OEM perfectly. Plus it was easy to install.

Whimsey

Take it in. I had a similar problem many years ago with a Ford van seat which was about 2 years old. I took it to the dealer after I detailed the van, so it looked well maintained. They reupholstered both of the front seats under some kind of goodwill program. You might get lucky like I did.

Originally Posted By: Whimsey
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
Most modern seat material is awful, typically in trucks you get 5 years.

The driver seat in my 1996 Ford Contour looks brand new and is extremely comfortable still, it's cloth. My 2002 F-150, which is the 60/40 cloth bench is barely worn and still very comfortable. My wife's 2005 Explorer has leather seats and the driver seat cracked badly after 8 years. She found a company on the internet that makes new leather seat covers that matched the OEM perfectly. Plus it was easy to install.

Whimsey

I think on many brands the older style velour type fabrics actually seem to hold up better than the more modern woven fabrics. It seems like the woven fabrics are more prone to separating and fraying than the velour type materials were.

They did the entire thing.

My wife took the car in and said they greased the control arm bushings..... what so i just took it in and argued with them so we will see what happens!

They did the entire thing.

Kinda surprised they did the whole thing. That had to have been some masterful story telling on the technician's part to get that claim paid.

On a side note, to anyone that has worked as a tech at a dealer and had to write stories, one of our techs will write his like a fairy tale.

On a side note, to anyone that has worked as a tech at a dealer and had to write stories, one of our techs will write his like a fairy tale.

Lol. Back in the day, I wrote some works of fiction that Stephen King would be proud of! Whatever it took to get the claim through...

I was thinking the same thing. Let me get this straight, they put aftermarket parts on a car under warranty? Makes no sense.

No.....they put a Motorcraft loaded strut on it...

No such thing. All parts are serviced individually. What does your invoice give for a part number.

No such thing. All parts are serviced individually. What does your invoice give for a part number.

Id have to look but yes there is a such thing. We put them on before when I worked at a ford dealer. They came with everything pre assembled

Id have to look but yes there is a such thing. We put them on before when I worked at a ford dealer. They came with everything pre assembled

Probably aftermarket. I even posted on the message board for Ford parts people and no-one had ever heard of that from Ford. Plus no way would Ford pay for that under warranty, sorry not gonna happen. We are talking about a company that when you replace an AC compressor under warranty wants the individual clutch, pulley, field and bare compressor billed out when they are paying the bill.

There are pre-assembled Ford racing damper assemblies for Mustangs and I think Focus, but nothing from the Customer Service Division.

I'm pretty clueless on Ford parts outside of Rangers, but I can't think of any OE that does loaded strut assemblies as a service part. I know the four I can look up and sell parts for don't do that. They wouldn't want to do that under warranty, and customers wouldn't want to pay for it either.

We do put aftermarket loaded strut assemblies in used cars, or offer it as an option to customers if it makes sense on an out of warranty car, older car, etc. Under warranty though, even if the OE offered it, they wouldn't approve a whole assembly for a warranty claim. They want to replace the absolute minimum they have to. And they definitely, absolutely would not allow an aftermarket part under warranty.

Are you sure this wasn't some kind of good will thing? I would want to know for sure what they actually installed on the car.

2j26lo1.jpg

Here is what the ticket says also i should rephrase what they told me was they did the entire assembly. I didnt run the part number or question them beyond that because i assumed they were being honest. The ticket says assembly as well. But I've learned dealer ships are as crooked as can be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back