Would you use this or toss it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
An OEM Honda/Filtech air filter for a Civic I inherited. Suffered a packaging mishap where something put some pressure on the pleats. It doesn't look obviously torn, there's no hole or rip on the pleat. It looks slightly crushed and in the middle of the crushed region there's some whitening that looks like the media was stressed.
2m0xWQ5.jpg

If there is no obvious hole or area where unfiltered dirt and contaminants could pass thru , I'd use it.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Can't be any worse than using a K&N.

LOL no filter is the same as using a K&N

Originally Posted By: Doog
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Use it

+1

Ditto.

Originally Posted By: philipp10
Seriously? Use it. If your so worried, slather on a bit of silicone over the blemish.

+1, this

Originally Posted By: donnyj08
Seriously? Use it. If your so worried, slather on a bit of silicone over the blemish.

or put some oil over that spot for the dirt to cling to.

I was going to say glue.

Never use silicone in an engine compartment. Parts per million will kill the oxygen sensors.

Originally Posted By: ronbo

Never use silicone in an engine compartment. Parts per million will kill the oxygen sensors.

I was thinking about that and you are correct. DON"T USE SILICONE. I work for a place that does high voltage ionization. 2500 Volts fed to a .005" diameter platinum wire. We once used silicone tubing and the tubing outgassed and we ended up with silica coating our HV wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back